Fire Door Review

Triassic

In July 2018, Housing Secretary James Brokenshire MP reported that fire doors from five suppliers had failed to meet fire performance standards, and suggested this highlighted broader potential failings within the industry. He instructed major fire door suppliers to meet and agree a clear plan of action to tackle these failings. He also asked National Trading Standards to oversee local investigations.

Brokenshire said; "While the department’s investigations are on-going, I now have enough evidence to suggest that there is a broader issue across the fire door market. That is why I am calling on suppliers to meet this week and provide reassurance that they are gripping this issue properly. I want to see a clear plan of action to rectify existing problems and ensure such failures are not repeated in the future. Whilst our Expert Panel assures me the risk remains low I want to assure the public that the government is doing everything it can to ensure construction products are of the highest safety standards and accurately tested and marketed."

https://www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Grenfell_fire_door_investigation#Updates

Begs the question, are your fire doors up to scratch?