UFH Material suppliers.

JamesP

WundaTrade is what a lot of us use. Yes, you can get pipe on eBay for 5-10p/m cheaper but with everything from Wunda it all fits as a kit and it’s pretty good stuff. 

@Nickfromwales prefers a different pump set but have a look at the design of the blending set and see if it suits your needs.  

• Thanks 1

TBH Wunda are very competitive for a good product delivered. I have asked to speak to their sales manager as to why they stopped selling the capillary pump and blending sets that they used to. 

The blending sets I use in low energy properties are the Ivar Dualmix. Be careful to choose the wider temp range model, as one has a rather narrow temp selection.

@JamesP If you send your plans to Wunda they'll do all the plans and QS list for free ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question,

One supplier has specified  1 x Wilo Para RS25/6 pump and another supplier 3 x Grundfos 22kW. 

150sqm on the ground floor and 65sqm 1st floor.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, JamesP said:

Quick question,

One supplier has specified  1 x Wilo Para RS25/6 pump and another supplier 3 x Grundfos 22kW. 

150sqm on the ground floor and 65sqm 1st floor.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Pumps on manifolds ?

3 manifolds?

More info please ;)

• Thanks 1

That NuHeat system won’t work... not the first time I’ve seen them cut cost out with only a single pump too. 

Ask them for the flow rate per circuit and the total flow rate of the pump .... 

Edited to add that Wunda have included their self regulating valve heads - they are the dogs, wins my vote any day of the week ..

Edited by PeterW
  • Thanks 1

@Nickfromwales

We do have 3 levels even though the lower ground is only a metre below the entrance ground floor level.

LG is 84 sqm,

GF is 114 sqm.

FF is 84 sqm.

2 manifolds were going to cover the LG and GF.

1 manifold for FF.

What spacing do you recommend for pipes.

GF is all in screed with timber floor boards and FF is diffuser with timber floor boards.

If you go for an ASHP, then I'd go for 3 runs of pipe to a void for the areas in spreader plates, that will give you more volume so less temp required to get the equivalent w/m2, and in the screed id go for 150mm centres. You want to get the volume of water & cross-sectional area up, and the flow temp down ;)

3 pipe plate

No reason why the LG and GF cant be on the same manifold as that'll be the highest point and will vent itself without issue. Manifolds are available as big as 12 ports so no bother from that PoV but will save you cost / complexity / extra 22mm primary HP pipe runs to the 3rd manifold / no 3rd wiring centre and less physical size / impact for the overall installation. I'd be very surprised if you cant do that off one manifold tbh, ( + the second manifold for FF of course ).  

Ask the question with your chosen supplier ;)  

• Thanks 1

On 02/08/2018 at 09:00, ProDave said:

I got all mine from ebay, mostly from a dealer called PSW Trade Supplies LTD

Just a word of warning I ordered a UFH pipe from them a week ago on a promise of a two day delivery. I’m still waiting for delivery a week later. I’ve now cancelled the order and will go elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

I used Omnie to do my renovation job. I used the torfloor system which is just chipboard flooring routed out to accept a 12mm pipe, but they do all the normal screed systems etc. The price seemed reasonable, but hard to compare as everything has to be quoted for and its priced as an lump sum. Was delivered within the week tho which was great....excepts its all be sat in my living room for 4 weeks now.

Edited by AdamSee
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...