Can you name that tile?

Can anyone identify these? I have looked at about 1000 images and cannot see anything similar.

I thought for a while they might be Marley Ludlow Majors or Redland 49's but I have decided these are too rounded for that, but I don't think they are Romans either.

My guess on colour is brown or antique brown (basically brown!).

Thanks 

Existing.jpg

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Take one off and turn it over .. maker will be stamped on the back

I tried.

They are nailed every row and I did not have my trusty roofing crowbar to hand.

I don't really want to pull a nail and remove one until absolutely necessary, so I was hoping that someone out there might recognise it.

What use would new ones be? they would stand out like a sore thumb.

When we extended our 1930's house, we were lucky that the builder found some reclaimed old tiles that were a perfect match, complete with moss and lichen to match the original house.  New ones would have looked very stark, and you would have had to choose a colour that was close to the present faded colour, not the original colour 60 years ago.

11 hours ago, ProDave said:

What use would new ones be? they would stand out like a sore thumb.

When we extended our 1930's house, we were lucky that the builder found some reclaimed old tiles that were a perfect match, complete with moss and lichen to match the original house.  New ones would have looked very stark, and you would have had to choose a colour that was close to the present faded colour, not the original colour 60 years ago.

It doesn't really matter, this first lot are for my detached garage!

As for the extension roof tiles it is only single story so it is a separate roof and with all the tree's and what not around the house it is actually difficult to stand in such an area as to see both roofs simultaneously as you would need to stand far enough back to see the main roof and extension roof which means you would be standing in dense hedge or tree's.

Found it! Well the name!

Lomond RD852989

Not believed to be a Redland or a Russel, don't think it is a Marley although I have not called them yet to see if they did make it, roofing supplier thinks it was ScotCem who are now gone. At least if I can prove they are not made anymore then I can go similar in tile.

I have also spoken to my architect who says use Major's and be done with it - so I am happy!

Lomond RD852989.jpg

Edited by Carrerahill

• 3 months later...
On 02/08/2018 at 10:40, Carrerahill said:

Found it! Well the name!

Lomond RD852989

Not believed to be a Redland or a Russel, don't think it is a Marley although I have not called them yet to see if they did make it, roofing supplier thinks it was ScotCem who are now gone. At least if I can prove they are not made anymore then I can go similar in tile.

I have also spoken to my architect who says use Major's and be done with it - so I am happy!

Lomond RD852989.jpg

This is late but this is 100% not a Scotcem tile, it is more than likely an Annandale which is the old Russell brand. Russell tile is the best fit.

• 2 months later...