Velux to be fitted

vivienz

My timber frame will be going up in a few weeks and i have 3 fixed velux windows in the roof.

My difficulty as that my timber frame company doesn't fit these as part of their remit and neither does my glazing company.

Where am I best off trying to get these ordered and fitted without being charged a fortune for a relatively small job?

I shopped around online until I found a veriaty of prices and then went to my local builders merchant and showed them the printout of the cheapest 3 inc. delivery. They were happy to price match the lowest. Fitting is a whole different game..... depends on the size as big ones are definatly a two person job. Yes it’s an easy job in a clean roof but Each trade needs to understand what’s going on. Timber frame company need to know where the windows are going so as not to build supports in the wrong place, the position will need to works with the roof coverings so that it all ties together seamlessly and you want it to look right! Once you have the positions finalised with the windows and correct flashings on hand then you need to find a competent installer. Use local recommendations from people who have had them fitted. No point getting all the planning done to then just have a badly fitted window !  

Velux is a bit more exspensive than others on the market

ive fitted two types and found velux really easy to fit

We have two on our current home 

I put the frames in and my wife did the flashing kits 

6 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Send her round. She's got the job. She knows where we live. Free cakes and coffee.

Ian

Will do Ian

debs always worked in an office

But loves building work

She taped the house out and stapled the beads on prior to us skiming out And kept telling that she hadn’t had proper training 

and to stop rushing her 

70559DDB-465E-47D6-8767-D112A7711561.jpeg

When my large velux windows went in most of the time spent was in doing the adjustments on the trusses and joists. 

Will your joiners do this work, if it is necessary?

The actual fitting of the window from opening the velux box is very quick.