CAVITY WALL INSULATION CENTRAL SCOTLAND

PAR1969

Not central Scotland but SE Scotland, someone at work has contacted several companies, one came out to quote and then never got back to him. Getting trades to do any work seems to be hellish at the mo. Plus it’s the school holidays so a lot of people are on holiday. 

'll stick my head above the parapet and state the cavity shouldn't be filled. it's there for a reason and that's to stop water crossing to inner leaf. i know people who've done so with no problems and others who had to have it removed. it may depend on the type of fill and it may be ok 'dan sath' where it doesn't rain, ok it's been an unusual time up here! 

what type of fill were you going for?

• Like 1

@PAR1969, contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282  (The Energy saving trust by another name). They should know the companies active in your area. Maybe even have grants/loans available if appropriate.

Edited by A_L
Remove link from phone nos

1 hour ago, A_L said:

@PAR1969, contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282  (The Energy saving trust by another name). They should know the companies active in your area. Maybe even have grants/loans available if appropriate.

I’ve contacted them in respect of getting an ASHP fitted as I can’t get anyone out to quote but they just say that they can’t be seen to recommend anyone and provided a link to the website that I’d already used. 

• 2 weeks later...