Length of time for planning app with Cat C listed areas

Square Feet

Hi, I am looking at a plot in Scotland where the boundary wall and a couple of other bits are Cat C listed.  I am wanting to make an offer subject to planning.  Can anyone advise the likely length of time it will take to get planning approved (assuming no issues) in this case?  I believe my local council are pretty good at hitting the target times, but I have heard that once Historic Scotland gets involved it can take longer.

Cheers

Statutory period is 8 weeks - so expect something less than that.

Our council left me hanging till the 8th week and I called them to have a gentle prod. I had the head of planning dealing with me within minutes, apologising and basically saying she would put it through right away but neighbour notification had to go in first and we had to wait out the 14 day period. They agreed it in principle within about 1 day and had the planning officer out that week, we waited our 14 days and as soon as the neighbour notification period was over they called and said you're fine. JCB rolled in the following morning.

So lesson learnt here: I would never let planning simply sit now, about a week after I submitted anything I would always check it has been assigned to a planning officer and I would make contact with them just so I know what is what. 

So really they should have it done in 5-7 I think is normal, which means they come in under the statutory period (13 weeks if it's like an office development!) - no mention for any other categories so regardless of your CatC listed status it is still just a planning app. Bear in mind the CatC stuff will just mean they adhere to a slightly stricter rule-book. 

Edited by Carrerahill
Additional Info
  • Like 2