Hello to one and all

Cazza

an extension is being drawn up, architect thought maybe get that through and then apply for planning for a new property on the site, and then sell with pp. I am unsure as i think it will be worth more with the extension and loft conversion.  All sounds so clinical, this is such a lovely place.

20 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Trouble is i love it here. don't fall in love with a property. its the nicest place we have ever lived.

Then get someone to design to your budget the forever home you were looking to move on to. If you can do it to the size you want (your smaller end size) with budget you have why not just do that and stay there.

We have always done really well with our properties, not bought and sold that many, but always sold within a few days, I am told by others I have an eye for decoration and interior design, I have no qualifications in this I must add. I just love furnishing and decorating.  But not much experience with renovations. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, newhome said:

Building a house for profit if you have no experience can be a risky strategy. If you read some of the stories on here it will put you off for life, but mostly people soldier on and get through it because they are building their dream / forever home. I don’t think many people here would embark on a self build for profit unless they had a stack of building experience. 

I would go back to the drawing board and see what you could do most easily that may make you some cash. That might be a large extension rather than a new build. 

+ one

56 minutes ago, lizzie said:

@Cazza with not a lot of cash for a build of the size you are talking about if its just something to turn and make a profit you might be better spending your time and a bit of money and selling on undeveloped with a permission. Make a bit - low risk in terms of expenditure.

+ one

My architect told me £100k was a realistic cost for my 2 bed split level bungalow on a slope.  I budgeted for that with a 25k contingency.

It's going to come in at around £160k and that's after many compromises on my initial wish list.

Everyone tells me it will be worth it in the end.  I'm hoping that in a few months I can agree with them

I hope so for you as well,  we have probably about 200k maybe a bit more, so extension, loft conversion it is. i would love to build a home here and stay for ever but it would be too big for 2 people and too much for us as well. its a fab plot. will be sad to leave, when we do, i expect it will take us a bit longer than we thought.

• Like 1