Cladding : without twisting

Now that our roof is on ( well, all bar a Velux and a bit of the ridge) I need to give some thought to our cladding.

The whole house is to be timber clad; most of it is fine - standard stuff. Have a look at this 

cladding.thumb.png.fa240daa10290ba1ba1efa8d0620de3a.png

The area that concerns me is this one: ..... (Text accentuated in blue). The cladding encloses an unheated area (called the Winter Garden - more sexily I heard Piers Taylor call a similar design a Breeze Corridor)

1557303657_Screenshot2018-07-22at09_04_18.thumb.png.fd3b848c77b6cb5f043c39376bda0f93.png

Put slightly differently, what we need is hit-and-miss boarding so that the garden below and behind it can get plenty of light and lots of air.

This is what it looks like now.....

20180722_084034.thumb.jpg.943f709fa57bdd4eddc4ee8c02aa821d.jpg

As you can see, the hit and miss boarding has - as yet - no framework to support it - except the steels that surround the area.

I need to screw a wall plate all the way round the edge of the steels; that much even I can see.

But the cladding (hit and miss boarding)  will need a framework on which to sit.

Is this an SE job, or use-yer-loaf, or a go and ask to see what local farmers do job?   

Got a table saw ...??

run some tantalized 4x2 through the saw with a 22 degree bevel so it sheds water to make horizontal rails. 

Then it’s as per your design with just the vertical boards and gaps. Have a look at any new cow shed for inspiration....

Search "Yorkshire boarding" for what they do on cow sheds. That has open gaps between boards.

I wonder if you could do that combined with a really well applied & taut black membrane behind...or st/st mesh. 

Or maybe like hit and miss fencing...

20 minutes ago, Onoff said:

[...]

I wonder if you could do that combined with a really well applied & taut black membrane behind...or st/st mesh. 

[...]

Thats the intention. The mesh will have to be fitted round our bat and swift boxes - we really hope they'll visit us one day.

I would fit the front boards and add the mesh from behind then fit the rear boards with screws so you can remove for maintenance in the future. 1/2” fine S/S Mesh is available in big rolls.