Cistern help please

36 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

I could give my builder a few raspberries but not the edible kind

I can think of a few things way more painful than blowing raspberries TBH .... :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I have fallen at the final hurdle. I have managed to replace the flush valve, inlet valve and the inlet hose, fix a small leak, put the first 2 plates back on and adjust the rods to what I think will be the right length to flush effectively. But I just cannot get the final plate back on. I think I need to clip the bottom on first but I can’t get the top in properly (I have assumed that it clips behind the plate it covers?). That plate is pretty firmly fixed so how do I get the top bit clipped in? Do I need a tool to prise behind it? I’ve tried a ‘flatty’ screwdriver but as soon as I try the bottom clips off. I’ve spent a good hour and half trying to clip it on so wondered if anyone could give me some tips please before I smash it with a hammer. 

@Onoff my ZooT moment ?

7A9B574F-590C-4200-8812-F41C087FA021.jpeg

88C27197-8A2F-4A88-ADCD-97020286E17B.jpeg

Ok ...

plate at 30 degrees to the wall - bottom touching. 

Slide it up and when it’s compressed the springs push the plate back to the wall at the top

that should let you hook the top over the backplate 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I’ve done it. Thank feck for that! But did the top first and improvised with getting the springs pushed up afterwards. It wouldn’t let me hook the top on without pulling the backplate away from the wall so that it could slide behind. As @Onoff says screwdrivers have a multitude of uses. Used 3 different ones here and none of them touched a screw. 

Only 5 more cisterns to go :ph34r:

• Like 1