Cistern help please

35 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Screw the big valve back in...

turn the arrowed thing so the blue float goes down. And no, won’t come off 

The thing screwed back in ok I think, well it’s no longer loose anyway but the water is still pissing leaking out. Tried turning that thing both ways but still no joy. 

C7B1B2F4-8308-4A45-8B20-A81BF7FE337B.jpeg

Edited by newhome

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

So have you made it worse than when you started?

Probably. Every day's a school day :D. You only learn if you screw things up - well it works for me that way anyway ;). It wasn't working right anyway so I figured I couldn't make it worse. Then again ... :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, newhome said:

The thing screwed back in ok I think, well it’s no longer loose anyway but the water is still pissing leaking out. Tried turning that thing both ways but still no joy. 

Yep water is going over the weir in the middle. 

Where is the blue float thing

22 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I believe the sparkly nailed one is referred to as a "femme" in such circles. Not sure if that's a verb or an adjective.....

I'd dare you to say that to her face - but I think it's a noun.  ???????????She may be the femme but she definitely wears the trousers

Edited by Hecateh

9 minutes ago, newhome said:

Probably. Every day's a school day :D. You only learn if you screw things up - well it works for me that way anyway ;). It wasn't working right anyway so I figured I couldn't make it worse. Then again ... :ph34r:

If you can't find a repair video for this then nobody can! I've been hunting high and low on YouTube.

Just now, Onoff said:

If you can't find a repair video for this then nobody can! I've been hunting high and low on YouTube.

I've bloody looked too, and well before I started this post, but the bloody Geberit is the only one I can find. WTF I still have 4 bogs I can flush - I've only wrecked 2 ;)

28 minutes ago, newhome said:

Turn it ALL the way. One way will shut the water off.

Is the float free to move up and down? Sometimes things can get assembles wrong so the float is not free to move up and down, then it will not rise and shut the water off, so make sure the blue float can freely move up and down.

If it really won't shut off, then the problem is with the fill valve and you need to start examining that.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Yep water is going over the weir in the middle. 

Where is the blue float thing

Here. 

It’s as bad as it can be now so the only way is up :D

BC8B265D-3710-4657-925F-D1797396D414.jpeg

That looks to me like the float is wedged against the side if the cistern at the bottom and not floating up. Turn the whole fill valve a little anti clockwise to clear the float away from the side of the cistern.

• Thanks 1

Think I’ve spotted the issue. 

The float should lift the lever marked with a red arrow. It should be between the two flanges arrowed in blue. That’s why when you lift the rod it shuts the valve. 

You may be able to push the rod sideward a little to get the lever back in. 

D6E1B026-4301-4005-A3EF-7BFBFFF585AC.thumb.jpeg.061b680629f0d0eba3d0319f7623e652.jpeg

• Thanks 1

So, turned all the way anti-clockwise in photo 1. Water peeing out. 

Turned all the way clockwise and it’s better but still leaking out the same as when I started. 

Friday night, sitting backwards on a bog in my first plumbing ‘twatclass’ having only ever connected up a dishwasher previously. Oh I know how to live :D. Come on guys I need a bit of pee taking (pun intended) to keep me going, or are you all in the land of nod ?

DF98708E-D094-4F5F-8C52-2849004143F7.jpeg

11B344EE-465F-43DF-808C-9E06CCBFF20E.jpeg

12 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Think I’ve spotted the issue. 

The float should lift the lever marked with a red arrow. It should be between the two flanges arrowed in blue. That’s why when you lift the rod it shuts the valve. 

You may be able to push the rod sideward a little to get the lever back in. 

Yes that’s different from the one upstairs here 

71F4980D-8D63-4B0C-975F-2875BF826D6D.thumb.jpeg.0897b96f7572b059a3480a6b00ba9983.jpeg

and I’ve clearly screwed that up as I think it was in that position earlier. 

1E5FCD03-EE70-451B-B297-3610C9849D97.thumb.jpeg.2e4e7bdeadaf4fb94ecdb9e0189d2e5a.jpeg

I’ve ‘fixed’ the lever thing I think. Photo 1 is all the way anti clockwise and photo 2 all the way clockwise. Photo 2 is better but still about the same as when I started ?

FEFE07C7-0BF5-4FD4-ACA0-893866BD6133.jpeg

AD1BF106-14F6-4521-9ADF-CD1EB029B650.jpeg

Fill valve is fecked then. 

Can be replaced fairly easy - silver valve turned off and the plastic bit before the threaded hose clips into the white retainer. 

All comes out and the hose detaches. Should have a manufacturer on the valve as they need the slim plastic section to clip in. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Fill valve is fecked then. 

Can be replaced fairly easy - silver valve turned off and the plastic bit before the threaded hose clips into the white retainer. 

All comes out and the hose detaches. Should have a manufacturer on the valve as they need the slim plastic section to clip in. 

Unscrew this metal bit you mean? 

5DFEA213-0772-4AFF-BE79-161FEA46AFEE.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I like soaps, but I missed the episodes of this one.

Lux or Camay? 

Don’t worry there are plenty of episodes left to go. You’ll need more snacks than one small box of popcorn. 

??????

3 hours ago, newhome said:

Lux or Camay? 

Don’t worry there are plenty of episodes left to go. You’ll need more snacks than one small box of popcorn. 

??????

Pears or Imperial Leather.

And I look so young because I use Oil of Ulay.

popcorn.gif

Edited by Ferdinand

7 hours ago, newhome said:

Unscrew this metal bit you mean? 

5DFEA213-0772-4AFF-BE79-161FEA46AFEE.jpeg

Yes but only when you’ve got it out.... 

water valve off and then grab the top of the fill valve near the middle and lift it up and back - it should come loose. 

Bring it out through the front then undo the  nut.