Cistern help please

3 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

female plumber - dirty toilet and sparkling nails ??

@Nickfromwales you know what she's like after a voddy!

@newhome  working from home today were we? :ph34r:

Ha ha! Day off today! I'm bloody sure those bits sticking up have to unattach somehow and a voddy would clearly make that happen ;)

• Haha 1

So the small bit definitely unclips I reckon as there are slots in it, but I need to unclip the larger bit first. Any ideas how? 

If the German guy in the Gerberit video says it’s easy to unclip one more time ?. Yeah easy for you to say mate! ? 

71BB27B0-EF37-46AC-B3BD-4247269EECFA.jpeg

3F98EF74-9826-43F2-BBEB-1618B220F0A9.jpeg

Have a friend whose partner is a plumber.

Obviously can't post photos but let's just say they are both xx but one is all sparkly nails and the other is short back and sides, piercings and lots of tats

Edited by Hecateh
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, newhome said:

What the hell language is this?? :S

Don't know what it translates as but I think its polish (type it all out and then google translate it :) )

Edited by Hecateh

Well plumbing’s off the list if I ever fancy a career change ?

Maybe that bit only comes out if you remove the other bit first? Can’t see how you have enough room in there to turn the thing without either it unclipping somehow or the other bit being removed. 

24B5530D-381B-4C51-B5D6-55FDED0889FC.jpeg

Edited by newhome

19 minutes ago, newhome said:

Maybe that bit only comes out if you remove the other bit first? Can’t see how you have enough room in there to turn the thing without either it unclipping somehow or the other bit being removed. 

I think it is a bit like gynaecology

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, newhome said:

Can you let it fill and take that photo again..? Just don’t drop the phone in the cistern.....

37 minutes ago, newhome said:

You have never done any car mechanics then, like getting to some oil filters or even spark plugs  Car mechanics throws in rusted / rounded / siezed nuts as well as being inaccessible.

7 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Can you let it fill and take that photo again..? Just don’t drop the phone in the cistern.....

The iPhone X is waterproof ?. I am taking the phone with me every time now since I got my arm stuck and had to draw blood to get it out! Looks like I’m a self harmer now! I’m not sure what extra this one shows tbh. 

D613EF91-9419-4720-861C-1CE3769741D6.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I think it is a bit like gynaecology

27 minutes ago, newhome said:

Where the hell have you had your hands? :o

I've delivered babies - and at least there, there is no pain involved (for the obstetrician anyway)  I've also given birth but that's not relevant

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

You have never done any car mechanics then, like getting to some oil filters or even spark plugs  Car mechanics throws in rusted / rounded / siezed nuts as well as being inaccessible.

seized nuts and gynecology - what a wide range of topics we cover

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I know how to fill the bottle for the screen washer! :D Hubby did all maintenance here. I never did any 'blue' jobs ;) 

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I think the water level is too high and it’s going though the hole at the front. Can you drop the blue float down a bit more ..?

So I twist this bit higher or lower? Will it come out if it unscrews too much?  I had to turn the water off as it showed no sign of stopping but don’t forget that the flush thing is now loose in there since I unscrewed it. 

6BB978CD-517D-49A8-8767-FAEB215B98A3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hecateh said:

Have a friend whose partner is a plumber.

is short back and sides

Obviously can't post photos but let's just say they are both xx but one is all sparkly nails and the other is short back and sides, piercings and lots of tats

I believe the sparkly nailed one is referred to as a "femme" in such circles. Not sure if that's a verb or an adjective.....

Just now, Onoff said:

Don't have the Lidl Woodgate cider ffs or you'll cut your tiles wrong... :ph34r:

Thought you'd been quiet tonight .... 

I am a Cider Drinker
I drinks it all of the day
I am a Cider Drinker
It soothes all me troubles away
Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay, Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I believe the sparkly nailed one is referred to as a "femme" in such circles. Not sure if that's a verb or an adjective.....

Both I understand ... 

• Like 1