Embedding threaded bar in concrete.....

.... shouldn't be too hard - I know now, because I've done it before ?

This time I want to keep the threaded bar  (inserted horizontally into the hole)  perfectly level while the chemical anchor dries. 

I'm thinking I need some of jig (or thingamajig  even) to keep the threaded bar perfectly horizontal while the chemical dries. Anyone done summat like this before?

I have 40 to insert.....

Got any spare timber on site? Get two and screw them together to form a right angle and attach this to the wall temporary to allow resin and bolts to be fixed. The timber will support the threaded rod until it has set. Do they all have to line up horizontally(?), if so set laser level to ensure you fix wooden support to the line. If they have to fixed accurately with an even spacing horizontally then cut smaller timbers to sit on top of L shaped timber to go either side of threaded rod and you will cover all bases.

Moral of story never throw anything away until you have finished the build!

What are you fixing down that you want this amount of accuracy 

as an example if it’s a wall plate put them in with a fair degree of accuracy but not to @Onoff standards, if some are a little on the skew slide a piece of pipe over them and give them a gentle tweek, after tweeking if the thread is say 12mm drill a 16mm hole in your top plate and fix down with a 50 mm square washer. 

Bada bing. Beer time. 

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Whack 'em in near enough and let set. Two full nuts on the end tightened together and "tap" the nuts to the desired angle. Been doing it for years like that.

Nooooo you haven’t have you

my godly image of you being ultra accurate have all been wiped away in an instant

gutted. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Nooooo you haven’t have you

my godly image of you being ultra accurate have all been wiped away in an instant

gutted. 

You should confer with SWMBO, she's used to disappointment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1