Sizing Sink Basket Drainer

Ferdinand

A simple one.

These allegedly come in mm, but where do I measure it?j

I have seen 78mm, 79, 84 and 85.

What size do i need for this? To me that might say 84mm, but rim to rim is 90mm.

37019B80-09DA-4184-A5E8-B8F268F7E43E.thumb.jpeg.07fcff16a5454cbf46ad64d7256047d2.jpeg

F

Edited by Ferdinand

The basic hole in the sink is 3.5 inches (89mm) designed to take a waste disposal unit.The problem comes when you need to replace the existing assembly as you need to know the name of the sink manufacture as they are all different designs,some have overflow connections and are all different depths under the sink for the trap connection.There is not a universal plug either as these as these vary in shape .All the basket strainer sets will fit the sink hole,it’s just finding the right one for your setup.

• Like 1

Ha, just had this problem this weekend, bought a fireclay 1 and 1/2 bowl sink and presumed both wastes were 90mm! , when it arrived one was 90mm (main) but 1/2 bowl was 60mm so had to find one of those on Ebay, anyone want a 90mm waste with basket drainer? The dimension is the whole in the sink.

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cherryfountain said:

The basic hole in the sink is 3.5 inches (89mm) designed to take a waste disposal unit.The problem comes when you need to replace the existing assembly as you need to know the name of the sink manufacture as they are all different designs,some have overflow connections and are all different depths under the sink for the trap connection.There is not a universal plug either as these as these vary in shape .All the basket strainer sets will fit the sink hole,it’s just finding the right one for your setup.

Franke. Bought in 2014.

So presumably I have a reference in the instructions somewhere.

Cheers

F

The basic hole in the sink is 3.5 inches (89mm) designed to take a waste disposal unit.The problem comes when you need to replace the existing assembly as you need to know the name of the sink manufacture as they are all different designs,some have overflow connections and are all different depths under the sink for the trap connection.There is not a universal plug either as these as these vary in shape also.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cherryfountain said:

You are lucky ,Franke sinks are a good make and basket strainer sets are readily available . Have a look on EBay  you can proberbly just replace the plug.

Thanks.

Twas I That put the sink in, but the plug probably went out with some vegetable matter by mistake.