Hot water tanks.....

Cpd

Ok as some have seen I am trying to do a lot of work on a tight budget so am always trying toFind good deals to make what money I have go as far as possible, this often leads to having to buy items that come up cheap on the second hand market and as often as not as local as possible. Due to a multitude of factors (Chronic fatigue, a new famillly and life commitments) I am still very much on the back foot in regard to finalising my domestic hot water and heating system for my cottage but have got a 6kw ASHP I know how the downstairs UFH will eventually be installed and I know there will be only one shower, one kitchen sink, and one bathroom sink and an occupancy of 4 people. I have just seen a hot water tank come up on the second hand market in the local area and wanted to know if this would be suitable for my needs. I will go back and read @ProDave post about his hot water tank as I am assuming my system will be similar, but as it’s one of those should I shouldn’t I buy decisions I feel the need to ask before wasting time and effort researching this when I am sure someone one can help ! They are selling a boiler and a tank for £300 but will separate so my questions are.

1. Is this tank suitable for my needs (ASHP Input , DHW, UFH) 

2. Out of the £300 if I only want the tank what should I offer them for it 

sorry to be so vague but this just came up and I really am trying to get my shit together and plan a system . 

The add is below. 

Worcester Greenstar 24i LPG Condensing System Boiler
with vertical flue kit and 45 degree bend
- Telford Tempest Vertical Unvented Cylinder 150 ltrs
all installed in 2008 and in active use until May this year when we changed our heating system.

Happy to sell as a job lot or split up.
Open to offers

5392F79B-3AC5-47D0-8D9B-DEA5AE49D7E4.jpeg

7F786A09-2FF0-469A-AB9E-9CF901F11FCB.jpeg

The trouble with an ASHP is they are not good at heating hot water especially hot. I have ours set to a target temperature of 50 degrees at the moment.  That means you really need more water storage volume as when you run a bath  for instance, you will be using a larger proportion of hot water and adding less cold to it. So I suspect that tank at only 150 litres might let you down.

Also you really want the high capacity heat pump input coil otherwise it won't get up to the heat pump temperature or it will take longer or force the heat pump to heat it hotter to get there.

• Like 1

And the boiler is a paperweight. 

As WB are a bunch of tossers, you need to spend a fortune and ask their permission to convert from LPG to natural gas. With Vaillant you just buy a sticker for £6 and turn the screw on the gas valve. 15 mins work. 

Unless your willing to wait a long time to sell it, don't buy the boiler.

150L is for a 1 / 2 bed flat . 

• Like 1