Pyrolytic or what!

Our oven told us it needed cleaning :o. We've never had a self cleaning oven before. We set it up for a medium clean and an hour and a half later Wendy said she thought the fairies had been in. She opened the door and it was spotless :). Who ever said things were better in the old days. Mind you the temperature in the kitchen went up to 28C and we had to open all the doors and windows, be good in the winter though.

2 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Our oven told us it needed cleaning :o. We've never had a self cleaning oven before. We set it up for a medium clean and an hour and a half later Wendy said she thought the fairies had been in. She opened the door and it was spotless :). Who ever said things were better in the old days. Mind you the temperature in the kitchen went up to 28C and we had to open all the doors and windows, be good in the winter though.

Which self-cleaning oven do you have?

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Did it make much smell during the cleaning as it presumably burned off all the residue?

Mine does. I have to have all of the windows open so I generally only do it when it's not baltic outside, but then of course the room gets hot in summer. In fact I need to do it again but will wait for the weather to be cooler than it is now before I do. I would plan to do this on a day when you can be home, leave all the windows open in the kitchen, shut the internal doors and either sit outside or use a different room. And don't leave any pets in the room as it will be unpleasant for them too. 

3 hours ago, Adrian Walker said:

Which self-cleaning oven do you have?

It's an AEG BP730402KM.

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Did it make much smell during the cleaning as it presumably burned off all the residue?

Not as much as we thought there would be, but I guess it depends on how much cleaning it needs. We also put the cooker hood on while we were doing it. We also thought there would be a load of ash to wipe out but there wasn't any.