Appliances

We need to decide between the two kitchens we have chosen

One with AEG appliances the other Neff

Both coming in at 7k just for appliances 

My question is Are the above so much better than appliances at half the price

ive just replaced an oven that I put in one of our rental 10 years ago

Becko Just replaced it with another Becko from bq £140 

Are Neff and AEG going to last any longer Or cook our food any better

If you believe the saleswoman at my local branch of Howdens, their own brand Lamona stuff is made by AEG but a LOT cheaper.

Just what appliances are costing you £7K, I got my whole kitchen with appliances for less than that.

Guest Alphonsox
31 minutes ago, nod said:

One with AEG appliances the other Neff

Both coming in at 7k just for appliances 

My question is Are the above so much better than appliances at half the price

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

If you believe the saleswoman at my local branch of Howdens, their own brand Lamona stuff is made by AEG but a LOT cheaper.

AEG don't make anything - Its a brand name of the Electrolux group (Zanussi etc) who also make the Lamona branded  stuff for Howdens. NEFF is a brand name of the BSH group (Bosch, Siemens etc)

13 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Amica are nice and decent price - £7k sounds a lot though, what does that include ..??

Fridge freezer two ovens 

dish washer 

induction hob 

cieling exstractor 

hot water tap

I tried appliances online

7400 sand spec 

Bloody hell thats expensive.  I have pyrolitoc Neff slide and hide oven, a combi oven (with micro) a warming drawer, a dishwasher, a huge integrated fridge and a small freezer, ...all Neff came to about 3500 with the vat.  My bora hob cost that again on its own. Is your hot water tap kicking the price up?  I didnt have one of those in the end decided against for reasons other than cost.

Try sending your spec list to 247applicances https://www.247appliances.co.uk/ He is local to me I have used them for years. He bettered the internet quotes from AO etc for my stuff.

Edited by lizzie

6 minutes ago, nod said:

Fridge freezer two ovens 

dish washer 

induction hob 

cieling exstractor 

hot water tap

I tried appliances online

7400 sand spec 

Should read full height freezer

and full height fridge 

Warming drawer and quooker tap

a friend has had a Insikerstor hw tap for five years and paid a quarter of the price of the quooker 

You could probably save £800 by choosing a different brand for the fridge and freezer.

I am currently looking at Hotpoint for the integrated fridge and freezer (still to do further research on them)

• HS1801AA Hotpoint Fridge Larder Integrated A+ 
  • HF1801EFAA Hotpoint Freezer

Have you considered buying the appliances from ebay? That's what I plan on doing, figuring out what is a really good price for each appliance and over the next few months buy anything that enters the ideal price point. 

Edited by ultramods

You don't always get the best price by buying them all from a single retailer. I would price up each appliance separately by shopping around for the best price and see if that brings the cost down at all. 

Edited by newhome

So I’ve got that lot to £3800 on AO.com without the ceiling extract or tap but including a built in microwave. That’s AEG

Warming drawers are silly prices just for keeping plates warm though ..!

All depends on what you want, a single Neff oven varies from £500 to £1800. The £1800 does look better but does it cook better?? Probably more dependent on the user! For that money you are well into miele category. 

Quooker taps are one of those appliances which are very rarely discounted, I wonder if that's why high street kitchen shops push them as it's hard for online suppliers to undercut them. For the record I like the quooker taps and will be installing one.

The cook should choose the oven and work from there. I chose my particular neff model as I had it before and liked it. I have had neff ovens for a long time I prefer to Miele. Its very much personal choice.  In the rented house we had c**p appliances, stoves range, Hotpoint fridge freezer, they were awful.  Here I chose a large integrated fridge and an under the counter size integrated freezer because I am not a big frozen food user and also I have a huge American style side by side fridge freezer in my utility room. Its very personal.. you will use them every day and look at them every day.  Get what you like and cut the corners somewhere less important.

• Like 1

I completely agree with Lizzie's above comment and we are very similar set up, picked a oven that worked for us (priority was size) and worked back, larder fridge no freezer in kitchen (American in utility) etc.

Dont be afraid to mix brands either Siemens, Neff and bosch share the same products we picked up a bosch full height integrated friidge that's like for like with the Neff version but £300 less. Same with dishwasher but that was a lot less of a saving. It's nice for appliance you see to match though (oven, warming drawer etc). 

definitely source your own appliances. I've got all integrated Miele or Liebherr, either second hand or ex display - 

- Microwave/oven combi

- Full size oven 

- Steam oven

- Coffee machine 

- Warming drawer

- Dishwasher 

- 90cm induction hob

- Full height larder freezer

- Full height larder fridge 

- Quooker tap 

-  2 x Franke sink

- Waste disposal

Total: £3400

Edited by divorcingjack

We can’t seem to do any better than the two kitchen suppliers 

Though one has suggested going for Bosch Which takes it down to 5k

We haven’t even considered the utility room 

The larder fridge and larder freezer will be the ones costing a fair chunk of that. Before choosing an American FF, I looked at a pair of integrated fridge freezers side by side, with split doors hung facing each other so it’s like a larder. With this you get similar storage space for much less money. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PeterW said:

The larder fridge and larder freezer will be the ones costing a fair chunk of that. Before choosing an American FF, I looked at a pair of integrated fridge freezers side by side, with split doors hung facing each other so it’s like a larder. With this you get similar storage space for much less money. 

Absolutely.  We considered a built in FF but baulked at adding another £350 to the price of the kitchen just to wrap the FF in a box to make it look like a cupboard.  Plus the integrated ones were just too small anyway.

39 minutes ago, PeterW said:

We went for 2 50/50 split integrated fridge freezers. Not next to each other as there is a larder cupboard in between but they would work side by side as @PeterW suggests. My reason however was that I prefer all the fresh food in the fridge to be at eye level, with the frozen in drawers beneath and easy to access. 

41 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Absolutely.  We considered a built in FF but baulked at adding another £350 to the price of the kitchen just to wrap the FF in a box to make it look like a cupboard.  Plus the integrated ones were just too small anyway.

0E3566B2-36F0-4315-A3D6-715C5034E642.jpeg