Rain and Guttering

Ed_MK

45 minutes ago, Vijay said:

I'd like to know the manufacturer too as I have to have cast iron (or effect)

I like the look of the cast iron effect as well, perhaps there are many out there, but Brett Martin is one manufacturer that I've come across to date

19 minutes ago, Thedreamer said:

I like the look of the cast iron effect as well, perhaps there are many out there, but Brett Martin is one manufacturer that I've come across to date

Brett is the Rolls Royce of guttering - it has some really nice features such as recessed fittings to cover the cut ends of pipe etc.

23 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Brett is the Rolls Royce of guttering - it has some really nice features such as recessed fittings to cover the cut ends of pipe etc.

any pictures of what you mean? Don't they all cover the cut ends?

• Thanks 1

i have just this week fitted iron effect polyflow deep flow guttering....quote attached fyi.

It was certainly easy to fit, and looks fine to me....although I don't think it's gonna fool any other than the most casual viewer as to its plastic content (min you, i'm generally a pretty casual viewer of guttering in general life!)

Given how little i needed I would have been happy to go with any option almost regardless of price but this just seemed the best option for me anyway.  Time will tell.

img-180703100311-0001.pdf

I dont have any visible guttering its all hidden, part of the roof.  I do have some very chunky downpipes and associated swan necks and square round converters, special size brackets et al.  It all had to be made to order to fit our roof.  Steel - powder coated in our RAL colour.  From Guttercrest in Telford, amazingly good price for what they did.  They do all sorts of gutters as their name implies. Web site a bit clunky but tech guys on the phone are great and really helpful.

@Vijay I used ARP from Leicester.

Really helpful.

Provided a sample & came out to measure up & spec.

They do all different types if you need a different look.

It was very expensive but worth it.

We used some of the budget we have saved on buying ex display for the interior.

@Ed_MK There is a 50mm cavity between the timber frame & the stonework.

There is a DPC 150mm above the level of the blue bricks that slopes to form a cavity tray with weep holes where the stonework meets the blues.

The external ground level will be up to the top of the first course of blues.

Not sure if this is what you asked or if I have explained it very well.