Waste Wonderwall

Ed_MK

Morning All,

Just a few thoughts ...see what you think ..

the plumber has been in (nice chap) and the plan is to basically send the waste from the util room ...along the wall to the kitchen window area and out via a 4 inch pipe .

I plan to fit the stub for this today 

But i have a few niggles ....maybe i should have spoke to him ...damn!

Basically the reason its going right into a 4inch is he said it is taking a fair few "feeds" ...which i suppose is correct.

I think he is planning to get this in before Insulation/UFH/screed phase

He is one of those sticklers for neatness and clean lines ....and so suggest building pipes in/under wherever possible ....which is nice

But here are my thoughts ..I have a few pics so you can see (as usual)

* Is it fine to get a fall on this from the utility room and try and get as much of the pipe under screed?
bottom of TF is like 160mm above the B&B ..so is there room to sink it all ...or will some be behind cupboards (not a big issue!)

*He wants me to make an EXIT HOLE 4" wide under the kitchen sink, but was talking about "core drilling"  to get depth. To be honest,
I am a little nervous about cutting into B&B or even the hard blocks between the beams ...COULD i just bolster neatly out a hole to suit in the 

kicker brick under the TF ...I have a good 160mm so I should get it ?

*do you think he means to run a 4" pipe INSIDE too ...I am not sure ...But i dont think I have ever seen it done ...blimey?

*From the outside as you can see it would come out ABOVE ground level though ..and then have to drop into a Gully ? ..maybe ...

The thing is this is the FIRST run of waste from this side of the house (as you can see from diagram) ...So I am not sure if a BEND and pipe would be OK
instead of a gully ......It would be nice to have access for rodding to the AC if necessary ....but i suppose it could be a sealed top or something ?

any thoughts?

*I know the wife will want me to make a neat exterior job out of it ...and of course the brick face ...not forgetting the extended brick plinth courses 

could hose a lot of the lovely orange pipework ! ...but doing it MY WAY ..I can't see a way to avoid SOME showing somewhere ...Which i guess is why 
he suggested me TUNNELLING

..do you ever think if you could go back 6 months with what you know now ...you would be happy as a Larry :)
..no Time Machines at Travis Perkins ...I looked 

wastewaterrun1.jpg

wastewaterrun2.jpg

wastewaterrun3.jpg

wastewaterrun4.jpg

Edited by Ed_MK

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES cut into the beams you can chop the infill block as much as you want. 

Is  there a reason you haven’t run a 4 inch pipe into that end of the room

i would smash out a block and get a torch, and look under the b+b

if possible run a 4 inch to that room. 

Right ..thanks ...I have hired a 7kg breaker from Selco ....£35 for the week and includes all the bits (they dont do day hire) ...but i have some 

unearthly heavy 50kg lumps of concrete and fused brick hardcore to break up to put in the skip ...so I will get use from it 

I am only going to chip into the outer block edge and try to get a 45deg angle to the outside so I can get under the DPC ..should be able to ...

...and then straighten it all up with fittings ...

Its just the plumber wants me to leave an upstanding 300mm pipe in that position so after screed he will presumable have 150mm poking up
to do what plumbers do with :)

But i got another woe ...I am full of them me !

When the groundworkers laid the B&B and put the soli pie in for the downstairs WC ...(I didnt realise it then) ....but when the framers finished i now have an issue

(or 2)

1. The Pipe is actually 1cm from the kicker brick :( ..and if i extend it upwards ...I will need to chop half the SIPS panel above  away to get ANY push connection on there

...BALLS!

2. Also the bit of pipe they used to form the upstand ONLY clears the B&B by about 3cm !?!? ..So looking at a floplast push collar and am thinking I will need to hand chisel 

about 2 inches CAREFULLY around it to get a proper fit ..WITHOUT breaking the pipe ...but even then I have problem number one (above)

I tried looking for some type of "solvent weld" collar ? ...so i could at least get some length on it or a bend later to avoid having to saw my panel..Is it just me or is the solvent pipes mostly 

small diameter ...and i notice they are not the same colour ...Is that something to do withe the plastic ?

I know that solvent glue can MELT certain plastics ...and I dont want it to get all nasty on the inside .....*not before I get to c**p in it anyway ;)

EDIT
Wouldnt it be good if there was something that pushed INSIDE the pipe ???!

EDIT AGAIN
Hmm..but then it would be less than 4inch at the join me thinks ...Back to Plans

Edited by Ed_MK