Selling a house with an ASHP

3 hours ago, newhome said:

My heating rate is 8p so pretty cheap. Standard rate is 15p but there is a 27p standing charge.

Seems very cheap, will it last.

3 hours ago, newhome said:

move to Cornwall mind and bring my dogs

And pay the 8quid or so a tonne for water, to keep the beaches clean.

When I heat water, the water costs more than the heating.

Edited by SteamyTea

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Seems very cheap, will it last.

Not sure re the 8p. It was 6p up until Feb! And 10p for standard as they ‘forgot’ to move me from a 2014 tariff. Damn them for catching up with me :D. The best way of cutting heating bills is to clearly to have your energy company forget about you! :)

4 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

And pay the 8quid or so a tonne for water, to keep the beaches clean.

When I heat water, the water costs more than the heating.

Water meters are the exception here. Water charges are wrapped up with Council tax so I’ll pay quite a bit for my band G house with relatively low water use compared to a family in a 3 bed semi for example. 

2 hours ago, newhome said:

Water meters are the exception here. Water charges are wrapped up with Council tax so I’ll pay quite a bit for my band G house with relatively low water use compared to a family in a 3 bed semi for example. 

Why don’t you opt for a water meter, I did when I lived on my own in a large house, saved me £££.

Just now, joe90 said:

Why don’t you opt for a water meter, I did when I lived on my own in a large house, saved me £££.

Because you have to pay to have one installed and some of the costs are still based on Council tax band anyway. They seem to discourage people from having one up here. Plus as it’s part and parcel of the council tax bill I get a 25% single occupancy discount just now. 

18 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Water meters are great.  When I chat to people I know and the tell me that they pay half what I do, I know they don't wash much :o

= even less than you :ph34r: