Air/Oil Hybrid ASHP

Hi all, 

Has anyone had any experience with or opinions on Air/Oil Hybrid ASHP?

We’re looking at possibly pairing a Mitsubishi EcoDan with oil backup (Grant Vortex 15 – 21) or possibly going for Grant Vortex Air/Oil Hybrid boiler.

The plan is for UFH downstairs and a few radiators upstairs. 

As always and thoughts are appreciated.

Ralph

My plumber friend nearly installed the Grant oil / ashp hybrid 2 years ago but I believe the price was eye watering. He ended up just with the Ecodan Air source Heat Pump and I believe it is working okay.

I'm being told the Grant Hybrid would be somewhere around £5k and the Ecodan plus Grant back up would be around £6.5K. Although these are very much ballpark prices.

Those Daikins are interesting, I'll try and find what the gas consumption would be.

Thanks for the input.

On 09/07/2018 at 19:55, Ralph said:

I'm being told the Grant Hybrid would be somewhere around £5k and the Ecodan plus Grant back up would be around £6.5K. Although these are very much ballpark prices.

Those Daikins are interesting, I'll try and find what the gas consumption would be.

Thanks for the input.

They're an interesting solution. Pleased do update when you get any info, thanks. 

Sorry meant as in how it works for it to be RHI compliant ..! Assume the controls one use oil for boosting heat and then bulk is done with ASHP and the RHI reflects this. Or RHI is based on space heat only that comes from ASHP and DHW is oil.