ProDave

LG Therma V mono block Air Source Heat Pump

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Though 4 MWh of electricity seem quite excessive having in mind its +12 degrees in Durnham now. Nonetheless, energy efficiency of the buildings probably differ (we have close to passive house) and only two people using hot water.

Anyway, once again, thank you for sharing your experience!

If you think 4 MWh is excessive, compare it with my 6.9 MWh used in a year.  But I live in a bungalow built in 1980.

I looked to see where Durnham was but could not find it except as Durham misspelled.

On 18/01/2022 at 10:56, ReedRichards said:

If you think 4 MWh is excessive, compare it with my 6.9 MWh used in a year.  But I live in a bungalow built in 1980.

I looked to see where Durnham was but could not find it except as Durham misspelled.

Reed, in a year - that is understandable. I use pure electricity about 4 MWh and additional 3 MWh in solid fuel for the heating season for our 170 sq.m. (no heat pump, just pure electricity through boiler). Just it seems it is much warmer in your location, we get temperatures down to -30C

3 hours ago, immortallt said:

... it seems it is much warmer in your location, we get temperatures down to -30C

Indeed; typically we might only see temperatures as low as - 3 C on a few nights each year.

On 07/03/2021 at 23:25, Chris Bottomley said:

[...] Interesting question about the benefit from the metering, we have the MMSP monitoring package but the supplier failed to support it so we don't get any money back from the RHI or the support that we should get from the supplier. [...]

@Chris Bottomley What metering equipment have you got installed for the MMSP and is it connected to the Therma V via PENKTH000? Our MCS installer is unfortunately not very clued up about MMSP but as we need metering for payment I wanted to get at correct meters installed and keep the option of joining the MMSP scheme in the future (once we find someone that is happy to sign a service agreement).