site security - 3G wildlife cameras??

Hola amigos.

It's been a while since I've posted but suffice to say I've been very much following whats been going on on here and gleaning as much information as possible from you good folks - so a big thank you to all for keeping this forum so active and informative. We're about to exchange on our potential building plot - potential as no PP yet (but we've had professional advice and it's all good - touch wood) and the reality of it all is finally sinking in. Going from a dream which started over six months ago we're finally about to sign away pretty much everything except our kidneys - central crushing chest pain is a normal feeling in such situations, no?

Anyway, the "plot" is approx 14 acres with a barn complex and in south Devon. The barns are all modern so we're going for Part Q for conversion of a few that join together into one residential dwelling.

Right, the reason for this post is that we need some form of security camera set-up. We live a few miles away and while there is no one there (we'll probably let out the fields and barns until PP in place and construction underway) I'd like to keep an eye on things. The barns are accessed down an approx 300 yard track where there is solar PV and three-phase already in place once at the barns.

So, 2 questions (for starters):

1. for the gate at the top of the track I've been thinking of possibly a 3G battery powered wildlife camera eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SunTek-HC-700G-HD-16MP-940NM-MMS-3G-Scouting-Infrared-Trail-Hunting-Camera-UK/132586288321?hash=item1edec234c1:g:u1gAAOSwZlZaOH40

This would (supposedly) photograph anything moving and send the pictures to my mobile/email. Does any one have experience of these? Do they work?

2. For the barns that have a mains/PV connection what would people recommend? There is no internet wired up, just power. Mobile signal is OK.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks all

Tom

Thanks both. I've seen the brinno ones and like the look of the time-lapse one, will definitely use as/when the build gets underway at the barns - more for fun than security I suppose though. In the meantime I need something that will show me what's going on there in real time. I'll give one or two of the 3g wildlife cameras a go for the top of the track. Any recommendations for a wired 3g system for the main barn area?

• 2 years later...
On 10/04/2021 at 20:18, Temp said:

Old thread alert but...

I have a wildlife camera set up in my paddock at the moment as I think we have a badger visiting. 

We have a wildlife camera in our woods that we move around. We have a badger, foxes and numerous  deer that visit.