EPC - Room for Improvement

Guest Alphonsox

Guest Alphonsox

We've just had the EPC back for my mother's cottage prior to it's sale at auction. While I consider the rating to be a little on the low side not one of the fifty or so viewers we've had around so far has even mentioned it ?

EPC.JPG.226b1c2c0fa52f0b03bf8981f17025f3.JPG

Guest Alphonsox
18 minutes ago, newhome said:

Probably because most are planning to build a replacement dwelling? What were your mother's heating bills like out of interest? 

The heating is/was a combination of LPG central heating plus wood burning stove, so difficult to  give a comprehensive answer but I don't remember the bills being too horrific.

The spread of interest in the place has been extremely wide. We've had developers who want to level the place, We've had people who want to seriously rebuild while retaining the cottage feel,  We've had others who think the place is ideal as it is and just want to refurbish it,  and we've had others who were disappointed that the place wasn't in perfect condition and immediately ready to move into. I think the auction itself will be an interesting experience.

6 hours ago, Alphonsox said:

We've just had the EPC back for my mother's cottage prior to it's sale at auction. While I consider the rating to be a little on the low side not one of the fifty or so viewers we've had around so far has even mentioned it ?

EPC.JPG.226b1c2c0fa52f0b03bf8981f17025f3.JPG

I wouldn’t worry

Our son is buying his first home Built by a mainstream builder 24 years ago Rated E 

Though houses are better now most people don’t ask or care 

sq ft schools Local transport services