Damn, damn, damn: I have just realised

.... that I have put the scaffolding up too close to the wall.... so that when I come to put the first row of roof tiles on the roof, they will hit the verticals.

That's buggered up my Sunday off .  Take it all down, move it six inches, put it all back up.

Damn!

Sleep tight!

Annoyed of Lancaster 

5 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

.... that I have put the scaffolding up too close to the wall.... so that when I come to put the first row of roof tiles on the roof, they will hit the verticals.

That's buggered up my Sunday off .  Take it all down, move it six inches, put it all back up.

Damn!

Sleep tight!

Annoyed of Lancaster 

Your not alone. 

Chased out a concrete slab for a wetroom former. Set in the new 110mm waste and 50mm spur. Mixed rapid concrete with 6mm aggregate. Buttered everything with rapid setting tile adhesive and plonked it into place. 

It was an offset waste hole in the tray and I measured it whilst not concentrating. 

F@CK. 

All the mix back in the bucket, 15 mins of crazy chipping of concrete and sweat pouring off me, refit, and then late for the pub. 

Beer made me forget. Tray paid for the beer so go figure. :D

18 minutes ago, newhome said:

If it's any consolation (I'm sure it isn't) our scaffolding company did that too! 

Exactly the same with ours. The front run was OK but the back was too close. One of many errors committed by the so called professionals. Can't wait for the day it all comes down. The scaffolding has been the problem child of our build to date. 

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Damn!

Sleep tight!

Annoyed of Lancaster 

This is what I did.  (this might not be "advice")

Take down EVERYTHING that can fall off.

Make sure the jack legs are sitting on large enough pads, I was using offcuts of construction timber.

Hit each leg in turn with a sledge hammer. It will move about half an inch. Work your way along both sides.  Keep repeating, and in no time the whole lot will have walked over 6"

Just because I did it and got away with it is not suggesting anybody else does it.

• Haha 1

Here's the problem .....

20180708_084814.thumb.jpg.012669681b323801aaa1655a6e0f1173.jpg

and

20180708_084746.thumb.jpg.671641e08bab15c3842ca610abd46ccf.jpg

I checked earlier: I have 7  points where the scaffolding is attached to the building. Once I have loosened (but not detached) those,

I'll hit the problem with my farm jack. Don't use it often, but when you need one, you need one....

20180708_090748.thumb.jpg.a81f74a515a7136b91c902825c841f8c.jpg

Aldi first, though.... (wonder what they have in the Big Boys Toys alley?)