Roofing Virgin just lost it.....

Anticipating the odd mishap, I nipped to my local roofing suppliers and arrive just as they are opening.

Some Kloeber TR tape please....

Dun't do it mmmeeert

Que? 'Ow dja fix rips in roofing felt then?

Round yer, they uses Duct tape: that Kloeber stoof is too costly meeert.

But the customer will never see the cost of the tape: it's £30 a roll, or something like that.

Naaaaw, they wunt buyit  yer.

That's it: Virgin no more. I used to think that one of the key things for our build is to support local business.

It's not as if I haven't had trouble with that company before....

Stuff it.

What a bunch of plonkers.

Try this experiment.  Stick a bit of duct tape to a bit of membrane and leave it out so it gets hot from the sun.  A bet that within a week or so the adhesive will have dried and failed. 

Duct tape seems totally useless when used outside.  We had ants trailing up our newly planted trees in their thousands (since learned they don't really do any harm).  I read an online suggestion to wrap duct tape around the trunks, sticky side out.  The sticky side stayed sticky for at most two days before it dried out and went crumbly.

the only thing duct tape sticks to is itself, and usually when you dont want it to, I would have thought you want tyvec tape for this? that stuff really does stick well, but you will most likely have to buy it online. 

the stuff at 5:30 ish

it looks different but i think this is the same stuff

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYVEK-SINGLE-SIDED-ACRYLIC-JOINT-TAPE-FOR-BREATHABLE-MEMBRANES-75mm-x-25mtr-NEW/163135874488?hash=item25fba7e5b8:g:FVwAAOSw8Sta~r-c

2 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

@jamiehamy gave me some Tescon Pro Clima Profil tape when we visited him recently. 

That would do - (to repair a small rip)  wouldn't it? To be clear, nothing's been ripped yet.

Yep it won’t come off any time soon.....

I had the same thing with the radon Barrier, Local BM stocked it but not the tape, I asked why, was told that no one bought it so they stopped stocking it, they suggested Everyone else uses Gorilla tape. Not sure if gorilla tape would be any good, so bought the correct tape online. 

It was was the same with air tightness tape, never heard I’d it and don’t stock it.