Economy 10 electricity suppliers

For those who may be trying to load shift their heat pumps to an off-peak tariff and may have not heard about Economy 10, this site might just be the place you want to go to check out just who can supply you and who has the best prices.

The site is independantly run by Mark, who was frustrated when he moved into a new house, trying to find out just who did E10 and what prices they sold it for as none of the comparison sites list it.

Most areas of the country have E10 times of - 00:00 to 05:00 then 13:00 to 16:00 and 20:00 to 22:00 (10 hours) 

I have been using this for some time with iSupply energy and currently pay 7.5pkWh off-peak.

If i had an ASHP with a Cop of 3 then the running cost would be 2.5pkW thermal - less than 1/2 the cost of gas depending where you get it from.

Having 3 periods during the day means that you can charge bi-modally and the thermal store can therefore be 50% smaller than if you were doing it with Economy 7.

Just food for thought.

KR

AndyT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is great, thanks. We are not really “on line” yet (still finishing the build but living in it). My main worry was being all electric and having E7 to run the ASHP for DHW and UFH overnight the house would cool in the winter during the day but the E10 would give the UFH a boost later in the day (if required). Just checked and Green Energy do E10 in our district (on this site) and as a current Green Energy customer I have found them very good. Steamy Tea is going to monitor my usage etc and produce me a set of graphs ( that he will understand) to see if it’s worth it.