How many screws.....

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

My DeWalt also has a magnet for holding screws and a separate one on the side for bits, ace.

I can see the potential for a new gadget here.  Get some thin neodymium magnets and sew them to the back of work gloves.  You could stow screws, nails, screwdriver bits etc to them, plus, if you drop a nail, screw, etc you just put your hand down and the magnets pick it up.

I have loads of spare magnets around and may try it out to see how it works...

1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

I can see the potential for a new gadget here.  Get some thin neodymium magnets and sew them to the back of work gloves.  You could stow screws, nails, screwdriver bits etc to them, plus, if you drop a nail, screw, etc you just put your hand down and the magnets pick it up.

Magnogrip do them along with work pouches and wrist bands like the CPC one I linked but much pricier. I've wondered about them before but I go through gloves at a ridiculous rate so have never bothered.

11 hours ago, JSHarris said:

[...]

plus, if you drop a nail, screw, etc you just put your hand down and the magnets pick it up.

What an excellent idea.

I am working on the roof above the Winter Garden today. That would mean reaching down four meters to retrieve a dropped screw. 

My back now wishes I had bought a first fix nailer. 

3 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

My back now wishes I had bought a first fix nailer. 

The Nu-Lok fitters used Spitfire fixings. Could be more lethal than a mouthful of nails.

Edited by PeterStarck

I cannot get on with tool belts as I am so short and have no waist (according to my wife), those tool vests look great but I am past all that as I am now on internal stuff, but for the next one ( ha, no way, too old and tired) ?

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Debbie says I'm already Action Man enough. And there's nowhere for my bubblegum

I don’t think we were told about the bubblegum.

Could you not have the bubblegum suck to your drill and the screws stuck to the bubblegum?

Who needs magnets...

Edited by Ferdinand

22 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Although I like the idea the flip side would be the glove pulling itself into metal things..... like saw blades,

I’m sticking to my nail bag and collated screws when I can source them.