Mains cable

Pete

5500066974-B customer drawing -001.pdf

Hope this drawing works! Just about to clarify the position with the electric board about the position and length of the mains cable. The mains cable will begin at point C and will end up at point A. This distance is about 100 metres, at point B the mains cable would be downsized for one property. The reason for the 3 phase is to accommodate another house that is about to be built on the left hand side just before the cable turns 90 degrees to the right and we may in the future build another house on the left just after the bend where the trees are located. 

My question for @ProDave etc is what is the cheapest way to do it? Have two separate cables connected to the two new houses from the mains and pay for this at the same time to the electric board? Have one 3 phase cable which would provide power for three houses but there are no plans to build the third anytime soon and so is this making the 3 phase cable the more expensive option? The person building the other house wants to split the cost of all utility connections fairly i.e split the cost from point C to where the cables/pipes enter his land and I pay from that point to my house. The driveway will be a limestone gravel affair so no problem with digging it up at a later date or even running ducting when we do our connections now and then not as much disturbance if and when the third house is built. You can see there will be gates at some point if we do not run out of money and thought we could build a meter cupboard there and then run a supply to the house ourselves from there as that distance is about 30 metres. Hope I have included enough info. TIA

I am not understanding the question.

Each house will require it's own supply cable and it is up to the network operator how they achieve that.  The larger cable is more about reducing volt drop and impedance than anything else.  They will fit a cable they deem meets anticipated needs.

You might get a slightly cheaper connection price of all houses are connected at once, but then again you might not.

Be carefull YOU are not paying for the full cost of the new run, only to find other then tap into it much cheaper than you.

Many of us have put the meter box near or on the boundary and ran our own cable from there to the house.