showers, washbasins, toilets etc.

4 hours ago, Hecateh said:

I know Geberit is the gold standard for wall hung toilet frames but would this do the job

http://www.britishbathroomcompany.co.uk/toilets/cistern-frames/premier-dual-flush-concealed-wc-cistern-wall-hung-frame-xty005

There is such a price difference

Never heard of them so not quite sure about the “market leader” comment ..!

I’d spend the extra £35 and get the GROHE one. 

Geberit are good - you can find them on eBay a fair bit too. 

7 hours ago, Hecateh said:

I know Geberit is the gold standard for wall hung toilet frames but would this do the job

http://www.britishbathroomcompany.co.uk/toilets/cistern-frames/premier-dual-flush-concealed-wc-cistern-wall-hung-frame-xty005

Question is, is will you get parts in 10 years time :/ 

8 hours ago, Hecateh said:

Honestly, spend the extra few quid and buy the Geberit. You really won’t regret it. They are an absolute dream first and second fix. 

We considered wall hung, but honestly I could not see the benefit of the huge extra cost just for not having the pan touch the floor.

I absolutely "get" back to wall pans, but just don't "get" wall hung. I guess it is a personal choice.

• Like 1

Had my heart set on wall hung.

Cleaner, easier to clean, room looks bigger 

extra cost does justify to me BUT I haven't got the extra cost

SO

Back to wall it is

6 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

Had my heart set on wall hung.

Cleaner, easier to clean, room looks bigger 

extra cost does justify to me BUT I haven't got the extra cost

SO

Back to wall it is

Can't you have wall hung in the bathroom you will use most often if you prefer it, and have back to wall for the rest? 

3 minutes ago, newhome said:

Can't you have wall hung in the bathroom you will use most often if you prefer it, and have back to wall for the rest? 

Nope - already so far over budget - there is no point in paying an extra £200 to have one wall hung toilet.  

Advised by architect - and then by builder - could do it all for 100k.  Budgeted 25k for contingencies

Spend so far £137k   

• Sad 1

Problem is, is its not just the cost of the frame and the pan that needs to be factored in. Its the cost of boxing in, either full or half height to conceal the cistern / frame etc which all adds up quickly too, so not a cheap option I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Problem is, is its not just the cost of the frame and the pan that needs to be factored in. Its the cost of boxing in, either full or half height to conceal the cistern / frame etc which all adds up quickly too, so not a cheap option I'm afraid. 

...and the time!

:ph34r:

If you're getting a lot try the German website Megabad.com and use google translate. With the sterling falling against the euro not sure how much of a deal it will be for you now but it's very cheap if you've euro. Delivery isn't cheap but if ordering a lot you'll save a decent amount for good brands. The website is mentioned here a good bit in other threads and how I came to know about it.