Rome wasn't built in a day: neither will Salamander Cottage

I'm half German, half Jock, and we'll on my way to becoming Italian by working practice.

Up at 5, out by 6 , hard at it by 6.15; brief lunch. Knock off at 2

Siesta baby.   Mmmmm Hmmmm!  

Back out by 6, fiddle and fuss work, make-do and mend.

Why? Roofing in 35+

The foil does a fairly good job on re-directing the sun's rays - specially the ones that missed my face first time round.

This temperature thing is funny.  Yesterday we were under the harr all day so it was cool outside. The house felt a nice cool comfortable place. 23 degrees inside the house.

Today The sun is shining.  Inside the house feels hot and uncomfortable. Temperature 23 degrees.

Explain that one.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

This temperature thing is funny.  Yesterday we were under the harr all day so it was cool outside. The house felt a nice cool comfortable place. 23 degrees inside the house.

Today The sun is shining.  Inside the house feels hot and uncomfortable. Temperature 23 degrees.

Explain that one.

I find that too TBH. The haar was here all day yesterday until the late evening but the temperature was the same inside yesterday as today (like you at 23C) but it feels warmer today. 

In the winter I have the heating in the main living space set to 20C when I'm here. Some days it's too warm and other days it's cool (and don't say it's my age @Onoff - I know where you live!! ;)). 

Edited by newhome

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

I'm half German, half Jock, and we'll on my way to becoming Italian by working practice.

Up at 5, out by 6 , hard at it by 6.15; brief lunch. Knock off at 2

Siesta baby.   Mmmmm Hmmmm!  

Back out by 6, fiddle and fuss work, make-do and mend.

Why? Roofing in 35+

The foil does a fairly good job on re-directing the sun's rays - specially the ones that missed my face first time round.

This is the best kind of weather for roofing. Get someone to butter your back and crack on. Plenty of water and a wet hat does wonders. 

Did you get a pair of sunnies in the end? The foil used to cause me severe headaches if I wasn’t wearing them. 

55 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Explain that one.

I cannot explain it though I experience similar at the chilly end of the scale. In winter a kitchen at 18 degrees first thing in the morning feels too cold, the same temp on a sunny May morning is ok.

42 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

What slates are those?

Tapco plastic slates.

I have given up telling people what they are and just tell them they are american slate.

Edited by Alexphd1

16 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Saunas are hotter, had to change benches over at Colchester once, they would not let me turn them off.  That was a hard day.

The stories you could tell...and that we hope you DON'T! :)

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

really pleased it’s raining this morning down here in the south west, I felt quite unwell in the heat yesterday.

What’s rain? It’s been so long I’ve forgotten.