load bearing wall removal (kitchen/living room)

Daniel C

As I mentioned in my first post, I will split the tasks which I need to work on.

I hope I am posting at the most relevant location, this post would be about the removal of a (possibly) load load bearing wall between the kitchen and the living room.

The only problem which I can see is the fact that half of my staircase is connected to the wall. I planning to refurbish the staircase as well, but I might keep the same frame.

I booked a structural engineer to come out and have a look, they said it will cost £450 + VAT, I assume they will advise on the size of cross beam I will need to use and maybe supply some drawings.

Managed to spoke with my local council, they advised that as it should cost less than £5000, they can turn around their decision in about 1 week, and their fee would cost pretty much the same as the structural engineer's.

This is a rough plan of my house, the L shape next to the red marked wall is the stair case:

804224427_planoverview.PNG.2745342595f9376b07d97f415c271f74.PNG

I do not really have any questions here, of course any comment is welcomed, I am just sharing my current findings.