Any special measures for a hot weather concrete pour?

epsilonGreedy

24 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Worth remembering that concrete needs a lot of water to cure - water gets incorporated into it as it hardens, it doesn't "dry out" as such.  If the top surface of the pour dries out too quickly, then it won't cure properly, and will end up weak and perhaps a bit flaky.

I imagine your super duper passive slab was more prone to rapid drying compared to my low tech strip foundation plan with its low surface area. Anyhow in the event of extreme weather I will have a back up of emergency water in the form of two full wheely bins on site. 

3 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

I imagine your super duper passive slab was more prone to rapid drying compared to my low tech strip foundation plan with its low surface area. Anyhow in the event of extreme weather I will have a back up of emergency water in the form of two full wheely bins on site. 

This wasn't the slab, that was poured in pretty dire weather in October or November, IIRC.  This was the retaining wall foundation, that was poured in some exceptionally hot summer weather, up around 30 deg C.