Foaming at the mouth about foam

Treated myself to a decent pair of work trousers from local work-wear shop. At last my knee pads stay where they are put.

(The Aldi version of the trousers allows the pads to float free: kneeling meant swearing ☹️ )

Up on the scaffolding, while screwing it onto the gun, a tube of foam decides to dump it's contents on my lap and the scaffolding boards. I slip on the wet foam , and sit in it.

OK, calm down at the back now please.

Anyone know how to get dried foam out of my knickers, my watch strap, my hands, my watch face, my work boots, my socks, my trousers.

From now on... if foaming, I'm changing to the Aldi trousers. Never mind my knees.

• Haha 2

I have no advice, but thanks for the laugh to start the morning.

What's that old joke about asking a farmer for directions and being told "Well I wouldn't start from here..." :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it’s set foam then sadly it’s there til you scratch or break it off ....

some thinks will will need binning, other stuff can be used as urban camouflage to make you blend in at the merchants... 

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

If my words are not typing proper;y it;s brcause of all the tee I just spreyed all over my keyvoard.

You got me. For nearly three full seconds, I was about to do my usual trick of silently editing to correct typos... :ph34r:

I remember a few years ago I decided to fill some holes that were letting draughts through in my parents' house with foam.

Next thing I know I was throwing out the work shirt I was wearing whilst doing it.

Lesson of the story is don't wear anything you don't want to ruin whilst using foam, I don't think it cleans off.

• Thanks 1

We had a can of foam go pop in a carrier bag .... which also had a box of screwdriver bits in it ..!! Waited until it set and then broke it up and started to shake each bit to find the on that rattled... 

24 minutes ago, newhome said:

Aw, if I had been there I could have lent you my nail polish remover. Alas, I suspect that it has set now so game over ;)

Have you got a few litres of the stuff..... I need a whiff or two to get over my trauma.....

3 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

Treated myself to a decent pair of work trousers from local work-wear shop. At last my knee pads stay where they are put.

(The Aldi version of the trousers allows the pads to float free: kneeling meant swearing ☹️ )

Up on the scaffolding, while screwing it onto the gun, a tube of foam decides to dump it's contents on my lap and the scaffolding boards. I slip on the wet foam , and sit in it.

OK, calm down at the back now please.

Anyone know how to get dried foam out of my knickers, my watch strap, my hands, my watch face, my work boots, my socks, my trousers.

From now on... if foaming, I'm changing to the Aldi trousers. Never mind my knees.

At least it’s outside the trousers.

But how is the washing machine now?

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Have you got a few litres of the stuff..... I need a whiff or two to get over my trauma.....

I have as it happens as I buy acetone in bulk as it’s much cheaper than nail polish remover :) ? 

2 minutes ago, newhome said:

I have as it happens as I buy acetone in bulk as it’s much cheaper than nail polish remover :) ? 

and good for sniffing when it all gets too much for you