Render- what RAL colour?

Jude1234

I am being asked by my builder to choose the colour of the render.  I want white but various people have warned me off pure white as it is too bright.  But they haven't told me what white is okay.  The preferred render supplier from our builder will do any RAL colour but it is dfficult to choose just looking at the RAL colour chart on a computer.  Has anybody used a particular RAL colour render that could advise?  If I get it wrong it will be an expensive mistake....

We have got anthracite grey windows, doors and slate colour tiles.  I do not want a cream colour.

Ours is just off white (we re k rend and they basically do a white white (polar white) and an offwhite which is what we have) - I would suggest going to see a house in the colour you choose as it’s such an important decision.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trw144 said:

Ours is just off white (we re k rend and they basically do a white white (polar white) and an offwhite which is what we have) - I would suggest going to see a house in the colour you choose as it’s such an important decision.

How would I find a house in the colour I choose?

4 hours ago, Jude1234 said:

I would a. ask the manufacturer for a free sample of the colours you are interested in and b. ask them if they have local reference site(s) that you can go and look at (even from the street). 

Or failing that you post on a local site and ask if anyone has a house in the colour you are interested in. 

Edited by newhome
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jude1234 said:

If you go with K rend 

they will send you out sample trays of the three whites that they do

I rendered ours in Stirling white 

Quite a muted colour 

B48DB3A8-A502-4863-8A2C-6CE1E4B00F9E.jpeg

7615F7EB-1835-4712-B898-3365566C685B.jpeg

7F0C6210-2316-46B7-A7E0-40CF161240EB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

this is a garden wall in polar white k rend.... I think their whitest white. Whilst its nice its nit as white white as the alumasc silicone stuff on the house. Its not a problem as they are not close together and the light is coming from a different direction but Polar White is not a very white white.  You need to go and see some.

If you are passing near Stratford on Avon area welcome to look at mine.

45740E32-6907-4595-BA9E-31E1B5089259.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Sorry I don't know what the colour is, it's an off/grey white. I really liked it especially against the dark woodwork and slate roof.

Also sorry for poor image quality, I took it during a "drive by".

1072110250_ScreenShot2018-06-17at01_09_20.thumb.png.06a3126582836ba5049088efcd1dc52a.png

• Thanks 1