Contamination Survey....deep breaths!

pauldoc

On 7/8/2016 at 18:39, JSHarris said:

[...]

- Fill in any ponds that might possibly contain Great Crested Newts

-[...]

This is the local technique ( much cheaper ) from my direct experience. 

Buy a trailer load of pig manure. Tip it in the pond. Wait a year. In public meetings, express sorrow at the absence of GCNs

• Haha 1

You know, one of the biggest unexpected costs (and angering)  for us was this joy the office warriors have of spending other people's money. It's the easiest thing in the world to pontificate from an office and say "I want you to get this,  and this, and this" when it's someone else's money. The fact that you can get tests done for £16..... or £3k  shows what a racket the whole thing is really. 

Edited by curlewhouse
  • Like 1

On 6 April 2018 at 13:30, laurenco said:

Hi, I'm a little late to this party, but we've had an enviro all in one report (all clean and clear), then the council asked for a Phase I report (all clean and clear). Now they've granted permission subject to a Phase II report and full remediation strategy. Quotes indicate this will cost £3-£4k! The Principal Planning Officer has fobbed me off to the Environmental Protection Officer, whom I've emailed with the following excerpt from the Phase I:

'The conclusion of this report and assessment is that there has been
no contaminative use on site and there is no need for further site
investigation. The site has been used as pasture until 1909 and then nursery
gardens until 1967 when it became a residential plot.'

If the EPO refuses to budge on this, I think I can appeal the condition. Has anyone done this and won?

I had a similar issue. Don't back down until you get an answer as to why this is necessary . There will probably be only one reason which hopefully will be easier to argue/deal with. Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pauldoc said:

I had a similar issue. Don't back down until you get an answer as to why this is necessary . There will probably be only one reason which hopefully will be easier to argue/deal with. Good luck

@laurenco

Take note of this if you need to remove the condition for the Phase 2 without jeopardising the whole shebang.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

On 15/04/2018 at 08:07, pauldoc said:

The reason could be as simple as the junior EO has a box to tick and has not engaged brain or read the previous report. I’ve see this all too often in a previous life.

Edited by Triassic