Lidl Powerfix Stapler

Onoff

This is what happens when you lend your tools and your mate uses all the consumables! :(

Anyone point me at a decent source for staples for this staple gun:

20180604_213343.thumb.jpg.ddddf149b330c3ba1529090e3d4cb0d7.jpg

20180604_213351.thumb.jpg.2d8eb019177a1462bc9118e3f10dd311.jpg

20180604_213411.thumb.jpg.51838fc785596c677e6636015b7eb345.jpg

Looked at the Tacwise ones in the S'fix catalogue but no exact sizes given.

I've been having no luck searching "staple size equivalents" online.

Cheers

Edited by Onoff

26 minutes ago, newhome said:

If you look at the reviews for this item 2 of them mention this stapler so hopefully this helps with the size needed:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/C-K-496004-10-5-Wide-Staples/dp/B005XB6XIO

Cheers

Looks like Tacwise 140 Series is the size. T'station tomorrow then.

I think you should be appointed the forum's "Chief Person Who Finds Obscure Sh!t"

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well thanks to @newhome's sleuthing the Tacwise 140/8mm staples work fine. The odd miss but that was trying to fire into hard ply.

Only thing is they're too long a strip to fit the Lidl stapler so have to be snapped in half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

the Tacwise 140/8mm staples work fine    .......    Only thing is they're too long a strip to fit the Lidl stapler so have to be snapped in half.

Excellent. I'm sure you can tear them off a strip ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Only thing is they're too long a strip to fit the Lidl stapler so have to be snapped in half.

More likely that the Lidl stapler is too short to take a standard strip of staples... 

14 minutes ago, newhome said:

Excellent. I'm sure you can tear them off a strip ;)

So you're from the same area as SWMBO, weird that you have such a GSOH.

Mind, I bet you don't have a penchant for skip diving and collecting broken white goods! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

So you're from the same area as SWMBO, weird that you have such a GSOH.

Mind, I bet you don't have a penchant for skip diving and collecting broken white goods! 

Your Mrs probably has a GSOH but just not when you're around ;), but no, I don't go skip diving or broken white goods collecting. There is enough sh1t here already without adding to it :S

Is your Mrs from Kemsing then? Wonder if I know her! :o

• 1 year later...

I bought some staples from Toolstation to put in my Lidl stapler recently, but they didn't work unless i applied extra pressure to the spring loaded bit that pushes the staples in.

Luckily, the strips are too long for the stapler, so you can apply this pressure as the spring protudes from the back (where it would normally be clipped in place).  Right bloody faff though, trying to apply pressure from the back while holding the stapler in position AND pulling down the handle simultaneously!

Have ordered some of those recommended above (£2.99 on ebay), but will hold on to the TS staples as Lidl are getting electric nailer/staplers in this week (and of course I need one of those), so maybe they'll fit that...