Re-starting my electricity supply

vivienz

I have my MPAN number from the DNO and they have confirmed that everything is good to go for supplying electricity to the site, subject to a meter being put on the supply by the electricity supplier.

As per a previous post, the former electricity supplier, SSE, never came to collect their meter and it's now buried under a pile of rubble at the local landfill, so a new one needs to be connected.

What sort of supply should I go for?  I'm thinking that the most appropriate will be something with a low standing charge and take the hit on the electricity cost but no miinimum contract time.  This is on the assumption that the house will be livable late this year/early next year and the type of supply need will be different to that of a construction site.

Does anyone have any opinions or pointers?

Edited by vivienz

This is the tariff you want to end up with https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/ebico-zero/

We had to initially sign up with SSE to get a meter installed, on their no contract standard variable rate, then as soon as the meter was physically installed, we switched to ebico for the no standing charge tariff.  When we finally moved into the static caravan we switched again to a cheaper supplier.

• Thanks 1