Maybe needing a new boiler

9 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

signed and sealed, £1920 installed, happy with that for what it is. Cheers for input on this

Thats a good price tbh, and you'll be giving around a grand + filter + fitting for a regular Baxi Duotec.

Tres bien.  

Yeah I thought it was decent, internet prices were showing between £2250 and £2500, so as soon as he said the price, he had the work, and we know him anyway from some friends that used him. Boiler is going in today! Be nice to have a warm wash again lol.

This boiler has a DHW preheat tank, which can be turned off using the eco mode (back to how we always operated with the old boiler), I'm guessing the preheat is going to use marginally more gas than not using it? Would you have it on or off?

Boiler is in, and all good, the amount of gas it uses at full pelt is surprisingly low compared to our old Ideal Isar, even though this is a 27kw and the old was 24kw, so hopfully it'll save us some money.

Our only problem now is the Tado thermostat we had previously, i've connected it up to Opentherm, but it seems to have a mind of its own, setting DHW temp to 40C and CH to 80C, both of which are wrong for us, if I change them on the boiler, the tado changes them back, so I'm in touch with their support to see whats going on.

On 11/06/2018 at 08:44, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I'm guessing the preheat is going to use marginally more gas than not using it? Would you have it on or off?

That's dependent on how long it takes to get hot water to the most frequently used, short use, outlet. 

Try it without the preheat ( with the boiler cold ) at each outlet, not baths or showers as they don't matter, but more like a basin in a cloakroom or ensuite or the kitchen sink if used for swilling things. Then try it with the preheat on. If it makes things vastly improved then yes, if not then no. 

Mine for eg is back to back with my kitchen sink and both bathroom & cloak so pointless. 

Well that boiler lasted a long time, its leaked a LOT of water all of the baskets which were underneath it, ruined the lot, and has now had to be turned off. Honeywell diverter valve is leaking like mad. This hasn't started very well...

Only 3 days old!

Looks like ATAG after sales support is good, fella coming tomorrow to replace the part, always good to know the warranty stands for something

Edited by MikeGrahamT21