do I need to include insulation on my plans?

Roz

Hi there, 

I have drawn plans myself to submit for planning permission for the conversion and extension of a barn, but haven't included insulation on these. Is it necessary for this stage or can it wait for the buildings regulations phase?

Many thanks!

Roz

thanks everyone. If I didn't include it would they just ask me to update with a cross sectional if they wanted it?

There's some stuff we haven't decided yet and were planning to once speaking with builders after permission granted, e.g. whether to dig down into the floor, or raise the height of the first floor as the bedrooms will have the ceilings open to the roof anyway, and whether to use SIPs for the extension, etc. So if I can get away with not including this information yet (which would be highlighted in a cross sectional) that would be more ideal. 

We've done the planning permission drawings ourselves but will probably get help in for the building regulations phase when all of this is decided. 

Planning permission is 90% about what it looks like and 10% layout internally to see if anyone will be overlooked (so to allow/disallow windows etc) and they don’t care if you make it from mud and sticks or Lego bricks ....

BRegs need section and construction details.