UFH offcuts as Electrical Conduit?

Dudda

Any issue using offcuts and waste UFH pipe as electrical conduit? I've no other use for the short lengths. It’s in internal stud walls to stop the cables coming in contact with the earthwool insulation I’m putting between the studs for sound. Mostly for cables to light switches and data cables as it’s too small for socket cables. It’s from Wunda 16mm pert-al-pert if that matters.

Probably no problem... but also no great advantage (except perhaps rodent protection). Otherwise pvc cables are regularly used in contact with insulation materials, with the only exception being expanded polystyrene where a detrimental reaction may take place.

Edited by Dee J

What are you trying to achieve?  Putting it in "conduit" encased in insulation won't stop you having to think about derating the cables and the earthwool won't harm the cables so is seems a pointless exercise.

Be sure to well and truly de burr the ends of the pipe.

Ya aware the issue of foam. I suppose I'm trying to reduce the interference between the high and low voltage cables (data and power) as they're very close in an area which can't be avoided and sticking in the acoustic insulation isn't helping.

I'll move onto the next job. Plenty of bigger issues to tackle and worry about.