Hmm. We submitted a design and access statement as part of our PP request documentation and this included details of a proposed wildlife pond, greenhouse, orchard and kitchen garden, as well as a formal garden area.  The PP was approved but with no specific mention of the landscaping scheme - do I stand a chance of claiming back the VAT on the materials and plants used for this?  Thinking of the fruit treees as well as the greenhouse.

I've looked again at my PP.  It says:

"No works shall commence on site until precise details of all tree, shrub and hedge planting (...) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the LPA.  Planting shall be carried out before the end of the first available planting season following completion of development.....In the event of any disagreement the LPA shall conclusively determine when the development has been completed...blah, blah.

So, if I get written approval of what we're planting and where, does this make it reclaimable?  I'm not sure whether we will actually buy all that much in the way of trees and shrubs, but I reckon it could be about £1k by the time we're done with the garden and orchard, so it could be worthwhile.