Shower trap

I'm looking to buy a shower trap.

I am putting the trap through a 25mm thick resin cast tray and a 25mm plywood floor before going under the floor to the soil stack.

I am trying to run it all in a 50mm waste.

My choice of waste seems limited to https://mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/shower-traps-accessories/st90cp10-vc-90mm-vertical-shower-trap

but then I will need trap underneath which is not ideal.

Are there any other 2" waste/trap options around?

Sorry, I didn't really explain that very well.

I was hoping to be able to fit something like this:

https://mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/shower-traps-accessories/st90cp10-hpc-2-90mm-hi-flow-shower-trap

But I can't due to the thickness of the floor + shower tray. Now I'm thinking I might fit the one I originally linked, then into a 50mm p trap to provide a deeper reservoir of water.

The shower will be rarely used and the drying out of the waste is a concern. Is two traps a bit mad?

Then no second trap for you im afraid, unless its outside ( yuk ). A lot of people have to chuck a pint of water down the trap of an unused shower / basin so dont feel alone. 

I would deffo not be using a waterless trap for the shower if its on a horizontal run and inaccessible. 

12 hours ago, bassanclan said:

But I can't due to the thickness of the floor + shower tray.

What exactly do you have?

There is a JT Fusion tray on 25mm plywood.

There is a 50mm waste which has been run 90% of the way to the tray (circa 1.5m from the soil stack).

I just need to join the two up from below the floor.

After the two are joined the celing will be put up and the only access will be through the top access of the waste.

I wanted to have a deep water seal to avoid the smelly drain possibility.

fusion-spec-sheet-2017.pdf

Well I ordered the Macalpine vertical trap/waste that I linked previously, only to find that it is designed for a 90mm hole in the tray and I have a 50mm hole in the tray with a 90mm flange.

It doesn't look like they make vertical wastes for a 50mm hole

8 minutes ago, Temp said:

Thanks for the idea, but it can't be a horizontal outlet adn with a lack of easy access from above or below I really want it to be in chrome plasted brass rather than chrome plated ABS.

I'm thinking of putting in something like this:

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/ultra-easy-clean-shower-tray-waste-chrome-e385?campaign=googlebase&gclid=CjwKCAjw6djYBRB8EiwAoAF6oRfmUjviz7uIc12fuOrjoX1-7GcNcOm4IDIxzJjwk3oXDYcbxKTORBoCW6AQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and then going into

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-adjustable-inlet-tubular-p-trap-white-40mm/46577

and then a 40>50mm reducer

but I would rather do it all in 50mm, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for

What trap do the shower tray manufacturers recommend ..?? I wouldn’t use a P trap on a shower as they have too many joints that can leak. 

40mm will take a lot of water and if it’s not a long run then it’s not an issue - you should be able to drop a 45 onto any decent trap, or cut out for the trap to fit in the ply floor. 

If you can't get access from underneath to service the trap/water seal I strongly recommend a top access trap that allows you to do all from above.  We got one from Eurobath that has a chrome plated brass "mushroom" cap. However last I looked they were a horrible price. Think they are now owned by Vado.

Edited by Temp

@bassanclan you need  to cut a bigger hole for the waste and the manufacturer supplied waste will fit. It’s in the MIs for the tray - you need a 165mm hole for the waste to go through the floor. A 25mm stone resin tray will more than cope with someone standing on it with no support. 

This is from the MIs

56E3FDBC-1548-4D12-AE4F-13C8886BFE58.thumb.png.69938df72073cc433cea2604db33a378.png

Using their info and the trap they provide you just need another 45 elbow to redirect the flow on the end of the supplied unit.  

This is similar to the trap we used but note the price now! This is for the chrome plated brass cap version. They have cheaper with chrome plated plastic cap. Not sure this is the right size for you though.. 

https://www.bathroomspareparts.co.uk/vado-metal-turbo-shower-tray-waste-90mm-wg-205241-cp-2643-p.asp

We made a fairly large hole in the plywood where the trap was going and arranged the pipes so the trap could be moved about a bit in all directions. The lower part of the trap was fitted to the pipes, then the bedding for the tray was put on the ply, the tray was lowered over the trap and finally the top part of the trap was screwed through the tray into the trap. Several dry runs were required.

To clean you pull off the metal cap and lift out short length of "pipe" through the hole that is exposed. The underside of the cap is the bit that gets dirty the most. 

No option to redrill the tray for a bigger trap?

With something like my patented double Starrett adapter? :)

2016-12-08_10-17-14

Could do 50 to 89mm no problem. Not sure if you can get a 90mm Starrett. 

Just now, Onoff said:

No option to redrill the tray for a bigger trap?

With something like my patented double Starrett adapter? :)

2016-12-08_10-17-14

Could do 50 to 89mm no problem. Not sure if you can get a 90mm Starrett. 

You would invalidate the 25 year warranty ... and a lot of these trays have reinforcing around the waste so they can slim them down towards the outlet.