Another "what's the correct name" plumbing question

ProDave

4 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

just spotted this, another header tank option maybe?

https://www.bes.co.uk/safety-valve-solar-fluid-recovery-container

That's basically a posh version of what was on @newhome's solar thermal system. A PRV that just terminates in the empty 5 or 7.5 L glycol container. That's all it needs to be tbh, so @ProDave you could just plonk one behind the UVC and have nowt outside. Your simply never going to blow off more than a couple of litres or so, plus nothing horrible or blue to discolour the landscaping outside. 

1 minute ago, newhome said:

You sayin I ain’t posh? ;)

Trust me lads where she hails from is considered posh round these parts! :)

Where I come from...bidonville!

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Where I come from...bidonville!

Bidonville has the last laugh with the plot prices tho! From pauper to princess in 20 years! ;) 

Well it's all piped up now.  As I suspected, it was a struggle getting enough antifreeze in. I filled at 3 points, the 3 highest points and only just got the required antifreeze in before finally topping up with water and bleeding.

It's been holding steady at 0.6 bar for 48 hours, I guess 1 bar is a good pressure for final filling?

I still have all the UFH pipework to lay and fill, UFH manifolds valved off at the moment. Should start laying the UFH pipe downstairs in a week or 2.

30 soldered joints and 22 compression joints and the only weeps were a couple of compression joints not tight enough

• Like 1

Most of the compression joints were unavoidable, things like valves, manifolds, the HW tank, pumps, etc. I think I only used 6 compression fittings just to join pipes together, and that was just to use them up.