OSB3 pricing

bissoejosh

I need to order 300+ m2 of 11mm OSB next week. I've had a few quotes from our local yards but wondered if anyone has recently ordered similar and would be willing to share prices so I can see how they compare and if I should be looking nationally. For reference I've been offered metric at £13.04 a sheet ex Vat.

Thanks

11 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ask them about pricing the gas and nails the same time as a bulk order

You have never been to MacSalvors, if you saw their yard, and some of the stuff they sell, you would not dare ask for a bulk discount.  If I remember, I shall take a picture of some of the stuff they keep, then you will see what I mean.

Edited by SteamyTea

3 hours ago, bissoejosh said:

Which branch did you use? They've come back to me today at £11.03 for 2440x1220 despite numerous requests for 2400x1200. 

Sorry for confusion. I used Exeter CCF. In the end they could only supply 2440x1220 at £8.40 a sheet. I have 600 centres so had to trim sheets to fit.

2400x1200  seemed very difficult  to obtain and at a premium. 

You could try https://www.southern-timber.co.uk/ They have been very helpful.

9 hours ago, JamesP said:

Sorry for confusion. I used Exeter CCF. In the end they could only supply 2440x1220 at £8.40 a sheet. I have 600 centres so had to trim sheets to fit.

2400x1200  seemed very difficult  to obtain and at a premium. 

You could try https://www.southern-timber.co.uk/ They have been very helpful.

Thanks, I'll keep pushing! Southern have come back me within an hour and are the cheapest currently at £10.49 - pretty pleased with that as apparently prices have gone up 10% this year so far.