Assembling the UFH manifold - Questions

ProDave

Last house I didn't have to do this, it came pre assembled.  But in a bid to get everything as cheap as possible the manifold and the pump / blending set came as separate items for "simple home assembly"

There is one instruction leaflet for the manifold, which came with two isolating valves, and one for the pump / mixing valve set.

So here is first try:

UFH_Manifold.thumb.jpg.b86b15b113c41aa63510d0b6a9d5852f.jpg

Question 1:  The pump does not fit. The gap is too wide.  As both halves of the mainfold are held together on the 2 mounting brackets, is it just a case of bending the brackets to bring the two halves of the manifold closer together (a bit poor if that's what you are supposed to do) otherwise what have I done wrong, it seems to follow the instructions.

Question 2:  The instructions for the manifold show those isolating valves there. The instructions for the mixing valve and pump never actually show the two attached to each other.  Shouldn't those isolating valves be in the flow and return from (in my case) the heat pump rather than between the mixing valve and the manifold?

Strange pump and manifold doesn't line up, is the pump  housing 130mm in length? Not a major just adjust brackets to fit pump.

I always position isolating valves as shown in your picture and add in extra other side of pump so pump can be replaced easily enough if needs be.

Yes I undid the screws and there was enough wriggle room to get it to all line up.

I like the idea of keep the valves there, and fit 2 more in line so you can isolate for a pump change.

• Thanks 1