Self build in Scotland on a budget

MrsM

I doubt that exposed conduit will be cheap.  You need a good electrician to bend and thread galvanised conduit and get it looking sharp like that.  I am willing to bet that will hardly be any cheaper than conventional wiring in a service void then plasterboard.

• Like 1

For that budget you want to get the pre-build costs to a minimum.

It cost us in the region of £20k to a get all professional fees, insurance, warrant/planning, services and access installed.

Our site was on agricultural land so cost nothing but some legal fees, but we had to spend a bit more to make it a serviced site.

Edited by Thedreamer

56 minutes ago, ProDave said:

You need a good electrician to bend and thread galvanised conduit and get it looking sharp like that.

Or you just buy a set of benders and learn, I did that in Australia and soon had many contracts as I really loved bending the pipe to match the track alignment. I was bending multiple sweeping bends and after a while it’s just fun, simple bends like in the house photo would be easily mastered if your that way inclined. 

AF81E1F5-6396-4A20-9BDC-07CA9CDFC019.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ProDave said:

I doubt that exposed conduit will be cheap.  You need a good electrician to bend and thread galvanised conduit and get it looking sharp like that.  I am willing to bet that will hardly be any cheaper than conventional wiring in a service void then plasterboard.

It’s really cheap and you can buy the bent pieces at various angles.