Plastering ICF Basement Walls

I’m in the process of building my ICF basement walls and looking at the manufacturers video it shows that the services can be placed into ducts cut And foamed into the  ICF. What’s not clear is whether I can simply plaster directly onto the ICF.   What have others done?

21 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I’m in the process of building my ICF basement walls and looking at the manufacturers video it shows that the services can be placed into ducts cut And foamed into the  ICF. What’s not clear is whether I can simply plaster directly onto the ICF.   What have others done?

With ICF are you not left with insulation as your final finish internally ? If so the answer is no, as you'll need a board that accepts skim as EPS / PIR won't. 

What do / will you have that your looking to apply plaster to ?

46 minutes ago, Triassic said:

plaster directly onto the ICF.

In theory yes, however my contractors batenned, boarded then plastered.  Easier for running cables, depends on how much space (volume) you have can afford to loose.

Might depend on the ICF spec. We used Integraspec and were told it was suitable for direct plaster or render application. However we used batten and board to create a services cavity internally. Externally we rendered direct.

4 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I’d read that you can render directly onto ICF and on one or two of the American Build forums people had posted that they had plastered directly onto the ICF. 

Our external render is direct onto the ICF blocks.