Edpm at edges

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Should you run a course of brickwork around for the bitumen to dress up, or does this upstand get done in timber? Make sure the detail is OKed by SIG.  I used adjustable pedestals from Castle Composites but the minimum height is 30mm.  They also do fixed height ones down to 10mm.

Not sure - hence roofer to check 

The upstand is currently timber .

Edited by pocster

• 1 month later...

Did all the requirements for the roofer .

Upstands another 50mm higher .

Causes problems at the house as effectively I’ll have to raise the floor I.e thicker PIR below UFH . But have plenty of ceiling height to spare .

Roofer has no spare men at the moment and snow is forecast - so need to wait patiently...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cpd said:

Good luck man. I REALLY hope you get the desired outcome, I don’t think I could cope with another disaster on this thread......  it’s not even my roof and I am nervous ? 

Thanks man!. That means a lot !

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I thought this was going to be a seamless hot asphalt type thing this time around?

I don’t know .

The guys told me the hot bitumen is the waterproof layer . The asphalt is purely for protection.

I did think it was going to be seamless .

Still if it doesn’t leak and I get my 25 yr warranty - then it’s good .

Just now, pocster said:

I don’t know .

The guys told me the hot bitumen is the waterproof layer . The asphalt is purely for protection.

I did think it was going to be seamless .

Still if it doesn’t leak and I get my 25 yr warranty - then it’s good .

Erm...that looks like felt not asphalt. Asphalt is boiled up in a bfo pot and trowelled on to form a seamless continuous layer.

What did the spec say?

7 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Erm...that looks like felt not asphalt. Asphalt is boiled up in a bfo pot and trowelled on to form a seamless continuous layer.

What did the spec say?

I’ll check the spec 

Before this felt ( only seen it today and no one there now ) . They were boiling up ‘stuff’ and blow torching it on . Is asphalt jet black ?

35 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’ll check the spec 

Before this felt ( only seen it today and no one there now ) . They were boiling up ‘stuff’ and blow torching it on . Is asphalt jet black ?

Spec states " 

Provide and lay IKO permatec holt melt membrane to primed screed by others

Finish with anti rot mineral finish"

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

Hope your bastard shower leaks ! ?

I'd have gone with "Hope your bastard wet room corner falls aren't enough and you end up spending a fortune on folding glass doors or worse an unsightly enclosure!"

Not that it's worrying me!

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 1

Hmmmmmm

Well roofer has confirmed that the IKO layer beneath the felt is indeed seamless and is the waterproof layer.

He's now saying that flashing ( presumably lead ) wasn't included in the price. We did discuss flashing on-site - so I assumed was and more importantly was required.

This IKO seamless stuff - even up uneven stone work requires no flashing?????

Meeting on-site tomorrow to do the 'test' for the warranty. 

34 minutes ago, PeterW said:

How are you planning to refit the walk on windows …? Have they given you any assistance with detailing..?

No detailing .

But it’s exactly the same as before .

Structual silicone the metal frames to the upstand . Place glazing in . Structural silicone around glazing .