Edpm at edges

37 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Yes SIG are excellent and deal with many different systems and will take full design responsibility.  You can deal with accredited contractors and get a proper design by and install at reduced risk (although at a price - but at least it will work).

Oh I know it’s to cost !!

Right!

Had many a "roofer" out. Today a guy from about a week ago wanted to view again with 2 technical guys.

They were speechless. Said it was the worst rubber install ever. The site is unique and non-standard and that the architect was wrong to insist on rubber.

The 'details' at the front (around gate posts etc.) being the main issue of concern.

They looked for a good hour - pulling many faces.

Ultimately they seemed to agree that it could 'probably' be done with a liquid membrane .

SIG are out tomorrow - be interesting too see how shocked he will be!

Who installed the rubber and what is the guarantee..?? If they are prepared to state its not to the manufacturers spec then I would be looking for money back.

And your architect...... There are some good ones, and some who are pragmatic. Yours sounds like a twonk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Who installed the rubber and what is the guarantee..?? If they are prepared to state its not to the manufacturers spec then I would be looking for money back.

And your architect...... There are some good ones, and some who are pragmatic. Yours sounds like a twonk.

My architect presumably just thought "it's a rubber roof" - had no idea and no design for the 'details".

Forget about the original 'roofers' abysmal error - they obviously didn't take into account the detail also and just bodged it. Cash job ; so that's my bad...... ?

The 3 guys today must more conscious of the complexities . So now I have something to go on can judge SIG tomorrow......

Guy from SIG has been

Said it’s not the worse he’s seen - Christ knows what he’s witnessed !!!

25 year warranty I like that a lot !!!!

He didn’t seem concerned or worried about any element....

Edited by pocster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

How far have you taken this down?  Is the membrane under the stuff we can see?

Yes . So the lower bit is the 30mm reinforced concrete on the rubber .

sig said to get back this was fine ; then screed a fall 

6 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

That is good as the rubber membrane looked fine, just the detailing and drainage.

I imagine that just removing the build up as you have will halt the water ingress.

Oh I don’t doubt it . The water level will effectively lower now .

My back aches - filling up a 10 yard skip ?

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

But well done for soldiering on. Follow what SIG say to the letter. If you are not sure what is specified, bat it back to them.

I’m going to get sig to do everything.

I simply haven’t got the impetus to do the screed even - sig said they can recommend someone .

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’m going to get sig to do everything.

I simply haven’t got the impetus to do the screed even - sig said they can recommend someone .

image.jpg

Adds weight to their guarantee. 

Still, look on the brightside, at least you haven't spent out too much in time and money...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

Give him a chase - email then phone.

Already done !! . I’ll give him until Monday then call him if no replies. Really want this sorted as he said any screed needs to cure for 30 days before they waterproof.

Yeah !

Coming to look tomorrow with a contractor ! There is a god ! . Ok , there isn’t but it’s like there is . Kind of like Brexit ; some people thought it was a good idea . Now everyone thinks it’s a bad idea but do it anyway . Ah , rambling ...

2 hours ago, pocster said:

SIG and a contractor coming too look Thursday at 1pm . 2 real choices seem to be liquid roof or hot melt .

Just to note with "asphalt" that as I alluded to I think above it comes in different grades as in for roofs, to drive on  (in delivery bays etc).

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just to note with "asphalt" that as I alluded to I think above it comes in different grades as in for roofs, to drive on  (in delivery bays etc).

Of course !

Sig are going to go with whatever the contractor says .