Edpm at edges

Honestly I think take it all back to the top of the concrete and  break around each window and  continue to  remove the  upstands  as you have been doing.  

Get your architect to do proper drawings and then do as it's on these for test window 1. 

Create a dam with sand and fill the hole with water around the  test window and  observe.  Let it sit for a day and if it's good then proceed with the rest. 

If it leaks and it's done as is on the drawing then it's up to your architect to come up with plan B. Repeat as above. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Honestly I think take it all back to the top of the concrete and  break around each window and  continue to  remove the  upstands  as you have been doing.  

Get your architect to do proper drawings and then do as it's on these for test window 1. 

Create a dam with sand and fill the hole with water around the  test window and  observe.  Let it sit for a day and if it's good then proceed with the rest. 

If it leaks and it's done as is on the drawing then it's up to your architect to come up with plan B. Repeat as above. 

Yeah 

I did think of a dam around each one and soak 

will keep breaking out 

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Architect thinks he knows someone who does rubber .

My concern is he might say he wants it stripped right back and ripped out . Then he’s starting afresh and not with a bodge .

Has to be some method of joining two bits of rubber. 

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

Can't believe you don't! :)

Oh I do !

I remember his “receipt “ said “ all work guaranteed “ - what ? To be shit and leak ffs !

I’ve only had 2 ‘professional ‘ trades on this project  - both shit ; ?

Edited by pocster

3 sides exposed .

Nothing at this point suggests the water getting under the rubber .

What worries me now is water runs over this upstand and it doesn’t leak . But runs to the front of the site - has no where to go so pools and *perhaps* goes under my rubber extension to their piss poor attempt at the edges .

This upstand once done properly and entombed in water would prove it doesn’t leak ; but somewhere else is .

Still ! Try and get 4 sides exposed today and that frame off ( as @PeterW said - stuck down with structural silicone it doesn’t want to move !!!

4D6FE5C4-778F-4AC3-B0A4-A2FB617DE9A5.jpeg

A5A0ED5B-B338-4680-AA10-6EC6C5331981.jpeg

A car port over the top would sort this...

:ph34r:

A big worry also has to be any long, lapped joints in the edpm covering the main sections of the roof.

Almost screams "hot tar job" to me. That being said there are different grades of asphalt according to use; roof, loading bay subject to vehicular traffic, car parks obviously.

Edited by Onoff

26 minutes ago, Onoff said:

A car port over the top would sort this...

:ph34r:

A big worry also has to be any long, lapped joints in the edpm covering the main sections of the roof.

Almost screams "hot tar job" to me. That being said there are different grades of asphalt according to use; roof, loading bay subject to vehicular traffic, car parks obviously.

Yeah 

Any joints a potential issue !

Still ; I shall continue abound !!

Perhaps a dumb suggestion 

But why can’t I just pour waterproof concrete over the entire lot ( upstands in situ and protected ‘somehow’ then perhaps have coloured tarmac or resin driveway .

I was always confused on where any water goes as it’s lower ( the slab ) than the entrance . So I want no water going through . Just thinking ? 

I've never seen a roof done like this.

Traditionally it was concrete, asphalt on top. Then chippings. Sometimes 2 layers of building paper and pebbles or slabs.

I've seen hollow pot, straw insulation, lightagg etc.

The "upside down" roof came next as I remember. Concrete, asphalt, insulation, pebbles/slabs. Fairly easy to rip up should the waterproof layer fail.

Then came the exotics like Sarnafil.

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I've never seen a roof done like this.

Traditionally it was concrete, asphalt on top. Then chippings. Sometimes 2 layers of building paper and pebbles or slabs.

I've seen hollow pot, straw insulation, lightagg etc.

The "upside down" roof came next as I remember. Concrete, asphalt, insulation, pebbles/slabs. Fairly easy to rip up should the waterproof layer fail.

Then came the exotics like Sarnafil.

Yeah it’s probably not possible.

But ignoring astetics why can’t I just pour water proof concrete ? ( no idea how you get a fall on it - but let’s pretend that’s not an issue )